Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was wondering how valid it was with the keywords placed in there that are a little too descriptive for a "hidden gem" (SE Oregon, Sage Flat,the only gas station, landfill, etc). I believed the story, just not the location; you had me going. No hard feelings Nine Mile Guest Ranch, but at least they got some link juice. I will however stand by my accusations of misleading photo captions on the page I linked to with the "Landfill Buck". What do you guys think?

I have not had time to cruise these forums as much as I'd like due to my development of hunting related products, so I have fallen behind. I don't see anymore time in the future (preferably less depending on success) so hopefully I don't fall for the next one!

Good luck finding those hidden gems this summer. I have one, but am always looking for more!

Chris Jackson
    Solvid FIY

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fly4fish View Post
    I was wondering how valid it was with the keywords placed in there that are a little too descriptive for a "hidden gem" (SE Oregon, Sage Flat,the only gas station, landfill, etc). I believed the story, just not the location; you had me going. No hard feelings Nine Mile Guest Ranch, but at least they got some link juice. I will however stand by my accusations of misleading photo captions on the page I linked to with the "Landfill Buck". What do you guys think?

I have not had time to cruise these forums as much as I'd like due to my development of hunting related products, so I have fallen behind. I don't see anymore time in the future (preferably less depending on success) so hopefully I don't fall for the next one!

Good luck finding those hidden gems this summer. I have one, but am always looking for more!

Chris Jackson
    Solvid FIY
    I could just see someone getting on Google Earth...zoom in on SE Oregon...where the heck is Sage Flats.....and if they managed to find a "Sage Flats" where is there a gas station.....okay...now how about a dump. Hopefully no one made a 500 mile drive out to some landfill in the middle of the desert.

The only thing that would have been funnier is if someone actually found that fictional place and killed a big buck there
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations

Chris Jackson
    Solvid FIY
    I found a nice video Chris by accident looking up what Solvid was in your signature. I've been taking a break watching it. It's very well done. I hope we see more from you in the future here. There is really some very nice folks here once you get to know us that enjoy hunting Mule Deer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin Root For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Velvet, we will have to leave it up to you how to tease the newbies. Do you have any ideas?
    Not at the moment...........

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Kevin,

I have been lurking around for a few years, join date 04-2011, and have made a few posts now and then. I do enjoy Eastman's Publications (magazine, books, and TV) and have enjoyed reading the forums occasionally. I agree on the nice folks around (most people who respect mule deer as much as I do are nice and interesting people).

I'm glad you found the video and enjoyed it. I did post the other mule deer video on my channel (Virgo) on the Mule Deer forum, but I am a little apprehensive about placing too many on here and other forums as one could view them as advertisement for my products, which of course is what they are. As for posting them on forums, I am just happy to share with the folks who have shared their experiences with us, but I need to plug my products. I see this a a small price to pay for offering entertaining content for the members to view and interact.

During the last two seasons, I have made it a mission to get as much marketing materials as possible when I can (hunting seasons), thus my brother and I have compiled over a dozen or more videos featuring Mule Deer, whitetail, elk, coyotes, and birds, as well as some action sports and fishing videos, all with the use of my products and in many cases 100% Film It Yourself (FIY). We love it and it puts a whole new aspect to hunting when trying to FIY. Our products do make it easy to get good footage, but it seems every hunt there is something different we wish we would have done. Hopefully this year we will get some perfect videos; of course, most of the viewers wont know the difference either way.

If it is alright with the administrators, I will continue to post the videos on here as we release them. Most are on par with the two you have seen, and thankfully shorter. How do hunting shows not have enough footage that they have to show cooking and pranks at camp? Is this what hunter really want to see? I guess that's what tree stand hunting gets you.

Question: Do you think the Solvid FIY videos you have seen thus far would be TV worthy, keeping in mind that the video quality is much better right off the computer versus YouTube and looks even better on a big screen. I have been contacted by one show but have yet to actually talk to him on the phone as he is busy with deadlines for the up coming season. I have considered approaching others (Eastmans for one) as this would be an incredible way to market my products and get other people fired up about FIY / DIY hunting.

Thanks for the entertainment and kind words. Sorry if this is hijacking, but I guess I already ruined the thread in my whistle blowing post.

Chris Jackson
    Solvid FIY

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Kevin,

I have been lurking around for a few years, join date 04-2011, and have made a few posts now and then. I do enjoy Eastman's Publications (magazine, books, and TV) and have enjoyed reading the forums occasionally. I agree on the nice folks around (most people who respect mule deer as much as I do are nice and interesting people).

I'm glad you found the video and enjoyed it. I did post the other mule deer video on my channel (Virgo) on the Mule Deer forum, but I am a little apprehensive about placing too many on here and other forums as one could view them as advertisement for my products, which of course is what they are. As for posting them on forums, I am just happy to share with the folks who have shared their experiences with us, but I need to plug my products. I see this a a small price to pay for offering entertaining content for the members to view and interact.

During the last two seasons, I have made it a mission to get as much marketing materials as possible when I can (hunting seasons), thus my brother and I have compiled over a dozen or more videos featuring Mule Deer, whitetail, elk, coyotes, and birds, as well as some action sports and fishing videos, all with the use of my products and in many cases 100% Film It Yourself (FIY). We love it and it puts a whole new aspect to hunting when trying to FIY. Our products do make it easy to get good footage, but it seems every hunt there is something different we wish we would have done. Hopefully this year we will get some perfect videos; of course, most of the viewers wont know the difference either way.

If it is alright with the administrators, I will continue to post the videos on here as we release them. Most are on par with the two you have seen, and thankfully shorter. How do hunting shows not have enough footage that they have to show cooking and pranks at camp? Is this what hunter really want to see? I guess that's what tree stand hunting gets you.

Question: Do you think the Solvid FIY videos you have seen thus far would be TV worthy, keeping in mind that the video quality is much better right off the computer versus YouTube and looks even better on a big screen. I have been contacted by one show but have yet to actually talk to him on the phone as he is busy with deadlines for the up coming season. I have considered approaching others (Eastmans for one) as this would be an incredible way to market my products and get other people fired up about FIY / DIY hunting.

Thanks for the entertainment and kind words. Sorry if this is hijacking, but I guess I already ruined the thread in my whistle blowing post.

Chris Jackson
    Solvid FIY
    If you find time contact Ikeepitcold he will help you in answering some of your questions and can lead you to the right people behind the lines of eastmans im sure. I find it very respectable to not go on a forum and start blasting your logos and promotions prior to paying your dues and attempting to "sponsor" or be part of the community.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Kevin,

Chris Jackson
    Solvid FIY
    No worries, knowing most of the guys and gals here they are looking for video related products and such to film their own hunts. If you search threads that question comes up a lot. You have a good mission that most if not all the folks here are interested in. I've watched your video and think it is spot on at least. Very well done indeed. You capture the footage well in my opinion. Edit, sound, narration quality is well done on that spot and stalk hunt. The shot sequence starting at 7:48 was most awesome to watch and one of my favorites seeing the camera transitions. There are a few threads on here on TV footage filming preferences and not wanting to speak for everyone here, real hunts and the feel for real is what I like to see. Thanks for doing what you do Chris.
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 06-11-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: typo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin Root For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks guys for the encouraging words. I am open to any and all comments and suggestions. I will get a hold of Ikeepitcold and see what he say.

Thanks again,

Chris Jackson

Thanks
    Congratulations
    In spite of all the "true" stories at the beginning of this thread, this is an interesting topic and my is genuine.
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!