Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Mexico MRS-Looking for your imput guys and gals!

Tis' the season for MRS across the west! New Mexico is up to bat and I am always looking to improve my write up! We get boots on the groung all over the west but its impossible to keep up with it all, so please share your thoughts, take a look at last years MRS and combine that with your experience from this season and share your updates. This write up is going to the press soon, so time is critical. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely, Jordan Breshears

Eastmans Field Editor

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Anything you can add about the landowner permits, and how many are available. For the public land, land owner tags, as I think New Mexico is kind of a hard draw anyway.

And anything you can add about sheep, ibex and oryx would be good.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have read some conflicting reports about the mexican gray wolf population in the Gila starting to put a hurt on the animals there. Could be inaccurrate, but if the 16's are going to fall off because of wolf problems, it would be good to be ahead of the curve on that issue.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doe Nob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Anything you can add about the landowner permits, and how many are available. For the public land, land owner tags, as I think New Mexico is kind of a hard draw anyway.

And anything you can add about sheep, ibex and oryx would be good.
    Edelweiss, I will look into adding info about landowner permits, we typically stay away from landowner permits and special permits, mainly because they separate the average hunter from the guys who can afford to hunt the more "elite" permits. Therefore, I am conflicted with this option. In regards to more Sheep info, that I can do, I will add as much info as I can grab for the writeup, ibex and oryx is another deviation from our focus here at Eastmans' therefore, I am not sure if I will head in that direction, however, if you and a substantial amount of readers show interest in that area (possibly by posting a comment or sending me a message) that would help my cause for adding these species! I hope this makes sense, thank you for your thoughts!

Jordan B.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Breshears View Post
    Edelweiss, I will look into adding info about landowner permits, we typically stay away from landowner permits and special permits, mainly because they separate the average hunter from the guys who can afford to hunt the more "elite" permits. Jordan B.
    I'd prefer to see you guys continue to focus on the DIY guy as well, and not so much the super expensive LO tags.. It doesn't take much to find a contact and buy the tag. I just got a subscription to 'the other guys', and will be canceling it, as the only thing they talk about are $10k+ guided hunts...

While Oryx and Ibex are out of the normal Eastmans realm, they are both cetainly hunts that a guy can do DIY, and I would think they warrant a small amount of coverage.

Thanks for all your hard work putting this together!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'd like to see info on Oryx and Ibex please.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Having the correct license fee for nonresident bighorn sheep would be a good thing to fix.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHunter View Post
    Having the correct license fee for nonresident bighorn sheep would be a good thing to fix.
    NDHunter, This is my first year writing New Mexico, however, I have already taken notice of the error and fixed the fee chart! It looks like the numbers were transposed! Thanks for the heads up!

Jordan B.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    I have read some conflicting reports about the mexican gray wolf population in the Gila starting to put a hurt on the animals there. Could be inaccurrate, but if the 16's are going to fall off because of wolf problems, it would be good to be ahead of the curve on that issue.
    Doe Nob,
    I appriciate the heads up, hopefully some locals can chime in on this issue, and I will work on making a contact for that region. If I hear anything of substance I will be sure to keep you guys in the loop!

Jordan B.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i would sure like to see an article on why nm refuses to input a point system,this is the closest elk state to me and i can never seem to draw it not only that but i can only swing 1 elk hunt per year and by the time nm s results are posted i need to already have concrete plans. id appriciate that article!!