Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Finally...some snow!

It really has been a dry fall and winter so far here in SW Colorado..............until Friday! Started snowing early in the morning (woke up to about an inch) and it has not stopped. we have about 12" on the ground. I've shoveled snow Sat am & Sun am. Looks like it might be clearing some in the west this evening. We really needed the moisture. Hope we get more until spring, fill all the local lakes and my pond.

This evening about 15 minutes ago the deer were here looking for handouts. About 20 does, fawns and a couple of small bucks. Then a couple of bruisers showed up, both pretty nice 4x4's. Ruts over, so they pretty much ignore the does, just looking for something to eat. Snows too deep for then to get at the apples on the ground, but they are getting a lot of the grass in my pasture(around the edges that I can't hay).
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I needed the snow badly. We will be at Conejos for New Years and some snow machine fun. Wolf Creek got over 40 inches and best I can tell we have at least 30 inches on the ground. Our deer don't stay the winter at my house, they are about 5 miles down the river. I hope I get a chance to look them over. Some elk winter at Cumbres, Its well over 10,000 feet and the snow can get really deep, those elk just stay reguardless. Seems like everyone needs mosture, east, west, north, and south