Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 5 Posts

Best empolyer ever

I am very lucky to work for the company I do, I will celebrate my 10th year anniversary with them in 2013. It is a small privately owned local company, wtih a very caring owner. Back in 2011 I drew a bighorn Sheep hunt in Oregon an I was allowed by my employer all the time I needed for the hunt without pressure. I was surprised last night with a gift from the owner, whom isn't a avid big game hunter. I just wanted to share it with you all on this forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bullets, eastan artical frame 010.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	4924

Getting my article in EHJ was very special to me, but for the man I work for to take the time and spend the money to have it framed for me means a lot. Thanks Matt
    Last edited by Timberstalker; 12-20-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's a really cool gift with alot of thought. Not many empolyers would put that much effort in to a gift. And that's a super plus about them giving you all the time off for a hunt like that. Not many would care or realize how hard it is to draw a sheep tag.
    Last edited by Muleys 24/7; 12-20-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    That's cool man! Ummm but u thought I was the coolest employer! I give myself all the time off I need to go hunting! Hahahah I should do some framing like that for myself. It looks awesome.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Is he accepting applications (joking)?.....nah, but really is he accepting applications lol??!! O, and the gift was a "class act"! 2 thumbs up!
    HOYT SPYDER TURBO {70/27.5}
    A bonafide city boy...that calls the Backcountry his "hood!"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 50 Times in 7 Posts
    IKICold...yes I think you probably are the "COOLEST" employer....pun intended!

Timberstalker...that is really awesome what your boss did and it is also super cool to see you express your gratitude for that. That in itself is awesome.

My family's business (started by my dad) celebrated it's 50th anniversary in 2012. With a serious commitment to its employees, a high percentage have made their jobs there a lifetime career. I saw firsthand how my parents took care of their people. I lost my dad and mom in 1999 in an auto accident and since I've lost count of the number of people that shared stories with me of how they cared for them when they needed it.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 12-20-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    IKICold...yes I think you probably are the "COOLEST" employer....pun intended!

Timberstalker...that is really awesome what your boss did and it is also super cool to see you express your gratitude for that. That in itself is awesome.

My family's business (started by my dad) celebrated it's 50th anniversary in 2012. With a serious commitment to its employees, a high

percentage have made their jobs there a lifetime career. I saw firsthand how my parents took care of their people. I lost my dad and mom in 1999 in an auto accident and since I've lost count of the number of people that shared stories with me of how they cared for them when they needed it.

Ha good one!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is the awesome nature of small buisness right there. I wish my bosses were half that awesome. Hell my bosses probably dont know half the company tho

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 5 Posts
    Obviously I'm not the editor at the local newspaper by the title of the thread! Whoops. It is a good feeling having such a relationship with the owner of the company. The company was at near 400 employees in '07, we are now around 80 employees. My wife and I met at work in '07 and both still work for him. Its been very tough in our area with the ecomomy and we are blessed to have kept our employment though it all. This unexpected gift he gave me is very special to us both.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wow Very Cool.... That was a Very Special Gift.... Miss working for a Small company that Real Appreciates there Employees....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    That's really cool, great employers retain great talent. That gift took a lot of thought on his part. You're lucky to work for someone so thoughtful, and he's obviously lucky to have you working for him!