Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 1 Post

A Christmas Story

Last night, the Wife and I stopped in at our local Thai restaurant for a quick dinner. It was probably our third time in there in the past month and a half or so.. After we ate, when the waitress came to the table to clear it, she didn’t have a bill. She just said “Thank you for coming, dinner is on Santa tonight.”

I was shocked, I don’t think anyone has ever just picked up my tab for no other reason than just pure kindness. We just sat there for a few minutes, not really sure what to do.. It didn’t feel right to accept it, but they sure weren’t going to bring me a tab. I wanted to pay it forward, but it was late, and there was no one else in there to pay it forward to.. So, I tipped her all the cash I had in my wallet at the time, about $30.

I’m honestly still a little shocked by it this morning. The Christmas spirit is alive and well here in my little corner of the world.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like a good dinner Fink. I'll gather that the anonymous folks that showed you that random act of kindness felt good too, perhaps more so. There is perhaps some truth in that saying that "it's better to give than it is to receive." I like hearing about folks being kind to each other. We tend not to hear of that very much when watching the news or reading the newspaper. Thanks for sharing that story here Fink. It's nice to hear there is kindness out there. God bless you, and Merry Christmas.