Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Although sheep hunting would be a new adventure for me. It was only natural bighorn sheep hunt. We traveled to the Missouri Breaks on October with grand pa and in five days we had spotted more than 40 rams, 15 of which had horns that would make our hunting memorable.
    aged care queensland
    Glenvale Supported Living
    182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
    Phone : +61 1300 765 051
    http://www.glenvalesupportedliving.com.au/
    Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Isn't this what hunting is truly all about? Putting your skills to the test, outsmarting the animal and executing a successful stalk that puts you close enough to shoot the animal - with whatever weapon you choose. I have several nice photos and one nice wall mount. Some of the photos were much more difficult to get.

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
    Attachment 5077 This is my sheep hunt No tag, no gun, game warden right behind me (retired warden) age70

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Right or Wrong, I'd definitely support a 70yo applying for 30 years to get a sheep tag ahead of some 10yo kid who's never hunted.

Part of me thinks just make a fair system and keep the rules fair for all. Squaring points is a pretty good system IMO.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am late getting into this, and have been gone a long time with work.

Wyoming has a veterans program where 50% of greater disabled vets can get free tags that people donate. So tags are donated, and the disabled vets get them. This doesn't affect the number of tags issued in the normal pool in any way.

Then you have the concept of New Mexico where kids are given a huge portion of the rifle tags, and disabled veterans are given another huge portion of the certain tags. This obviously effects tag numbers.

I don't personally beleive kids deserve tags because they are kids. They may be the future of hunting, but I have met 13 (that I can count in my head) people who have never hunted again that shot amazing animals as kids. Things like 160 whitetails, 360 bull elk, 180 mule deer, 180 bighorns, 9 inch mountain goats, and mid 90's pronghorns, not to mention Africa trips and bears and never hunted again. Ken Mellon (silver spoon heir Industrialist) of Carnegie Mellon University killed more animals, in more places than any of us ever will and was done hunting in his late 20s. He's an Weatherby Award winner and has never hunted again.

The future of hunting is white men in their 30's-50's that are middle class and finally have the ability to get out and afford to hunt. Stifling those folks will kill hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I guess I can reply to this thread as I will be 72 this year!!! I have never killed a sheep and really did not start applying until about 12 years ago. Still havn't drawn here in Colorado and have never applied anywhere else. I am not in favor of an age based tag preference. Hell I have never drawn a winning lottery ticket, does that mean I should get an advantage over a younger person cause I have less time left in my life to win.......wrong!

If these folks really want a sheep tag that bad, go with an outfitter to Canada or Alaska. Sure its more $$$$, but come on, once in a lifetime. If I wanted one that bad, I'd borrow some $$$$ against my home and go for it. Just an old fart's take!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley