Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck on drawing that #120 elk tag. I sure wish us residents had preference points, I've been applying for# 120 for years, not lucky I guess. Wyohunter is correct, there are better antelope areas than 78 with the couple of points you have.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Of your willing to go special I wouldn't spend the money on 78 unless you know your gonna draw you're elk tag and wanna do a combo hunt. I would go with 68 in the special unless you want to stay close to your elk area then I would go with 75 or 73. If you wanna save Money and draw regular go 48 or32. Just my 2 cents lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Good luck on drawing that #120 elk tag. I sure wish us residents had preference points, I've been applying for# 120 for years, not lucky I guess. Wyohunter is correct, there are better antelope areas than 78 with the couple of points you have.
    We might have one next year if people quit fighting it

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Eberle View Post
    With two points in the general you should be able to draw 32, 48 or 69. Them are all really good units. If you don't mind spending the extra money for a special tag, 63 is really good. You should be able to get it in the special draw.
    63 is good, but if the situation is similar to what it was last year w/r/t water and habitat, 14" is where the goats are going to top out in 63. Sure there may be a few bigger, but low to mid 70s scores are probably what most hunters can hope for. And you'll have to sort thru alot of goats to find one, but hey, that's what's so fun about speed goats...right??

Eberle-
    I've been looking at 48 as a second choice unit if we don't draw our first. How is access and how are the goats compared to 63? Truth be told, we just want to be close to the Miracle Mile again to take advantage of the fishing once the hunting is done!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    A buddy and I are sitting on 2 points and are planning on going this year. We had 48 down as a possible first choice. I'd be surprised if any tags were left for second choices.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdy View Post
    A buddy and I are sitting on 2 points and are planning on going this year. We had 48 down as a possible first choice. I'd be surprised if any tags were left for second choices.
    So how do they work it on 2nd choices in WY? Do they take everyone that listed it as their first choice in order of preference points (7,6,5,4...) and only after 48 first choicers are gone go to 2nd choice individuals? We'll have 4 points going in, but wanted to try for 63 first.