Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

What the ^#&$ Wyoming?!?!?!?

So here's an interesting one for anyone that is building points in Wyoming. http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0124.pdf Scroll down to the 4th page and read the writing in red. Apparently preference points would be able to be transferred to an immediate family member. What a joke this is. Some of the stuff going on in the state wildlife departent's is just ridiculous.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Hahaha, "All my children, and my wife, have been building points for years, and now, they don't want them, guess I'll just transfer them to me!"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    The Wyoming Game and Fish Department has nothing to do with this proposed legislation. It is one of a number of bills being proposed by elected officials through the legislative process. A small detail, I'm sure, but it would lend credibility to your post if it accurately represented the situation.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWyo View Post
    The Wyoming Game and Fish Department has nothing to do with this proposed legislation. It is one of a number of bills being proposed by elected officials through the legislative process. A small detail, I'm sure, but it would lend credibility to your post if it accurately represented the situation.
    You are correct about that. I should have specified that it is poloticians who are absolutely nuts.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 5 Posts
    Looks like my wife, who doesn't hunt is going to start applying for preference points this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 1 Post
    I emailed all the committee members this morning to object, and already got this reply from Rep. John Freeman.

"The bill was laid back this morning and I doubt that it will come out again this session."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You may see a push for this again. It is again sheep hunters getting too old to hunt that want to move points to their children. I appreciate where they are coming from, but it lends itself to more abuse than it helps. I'm pretty sure you can already transfer a tag to a blood relative if you draw and can't go already, so I don't see the need to include the points as well or I'm buying points for everyone in my family, I can get like 6 a year, I'll be hunting sheep in no time!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    You may see a push for this again. It is again sheep hunters getting too old to hunt that want to move points to their children. I appreciate where they are coming from, but it lends itself to more abuse than it helps. I'm pretty sure you can already transfer a tag to a blood relative if you draw and can't go already, so I don't see the need to include the points as well or I'm buying points for everyone in my family, I can get like 6 a year, I'll be hunting sheep in no time!
    I don't know much about Wyoming's draw, but what is to keep you from having all of your family members put in for the draw and having them gift the hunt to you? If the point system isn't squared or cubed your chances will be the same if all the points are under your name or family member's names if they give up the hunt to you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ando_31 View Post
    I don't know much about Wyoming's draw, but what is to keep you from having all of your family members put in for the draw and having them gift the hunt to you? If the point system isn't squared or cubed your chances will be the same if all the points are under your name or family member's names if they give up the hunt to you.
    Good point, seems like a loop hole for abuse
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 1 Post
    I am up to 17 points for many critters (including lots of sheep), many states. I know there will be some I never get to burn. I have 3 sons. But I don't feel like any of the states owe me anything. When I started buying points, I knew what the rules were. I expected a certain amount of attritian. All part of the program. I don't think it's right for one of my sons to cut in line ahead of another guy that has been applying for 20+ years. If I don't draw in my lifetime, my past fees become a donation to the state. Simple. I don't even think a tag even actually drawn should be able to be passed on.