Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Elk Hunting Guide Needed

I have a trip planned to Wyoming towards the end of October and am looking for a guide for two hunters. We are going with a larger group of hunters and already have plans for camp. We will be camping about 2 hours outside of Laramie but have never hunted Wyoming before. We were hoping to find a guide service that could meet up with us each morning and guide us each day of our trip. We have applied for the area "General". If anyone has any suggestions or knows of anyone that we may get in touch with it would be very much appreciated.

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Go to the Wyoming Outfitters and Guides website, search for outfitters around the Laramie area. That will help narrow your search down. It is illegal for an individual to guide hunters without being a licensed guide/outfitter. Any guide has to be licensed under an Outfitter's license. An outfitter then has to be permitted to operate in the area you are planning on hunting. Start contacting outfitters and see if anyone is willing to work something out. Most outfitters will probably try to figure something out to accommodate what you are looking for. . As a guide, one thing I will say is that, you are going to struggle a little to find an outfitter willing to show you how to hunt the area knowing you have other hunters in the area that you could provide that information to. Outfitters make a living taking the time to know an area, and many are not going to take you to their honey hole knowing you have a group of people that you could provide this information to. Not trying to be rude or anything, just being honest about the situation you are in and how an outfitter will look at it as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mntnguide For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the website and your honesty. I've tried to get the other members of my group to use a guide but they want to go at it alone. Needless to say I won't be sharing any of my guides secrets, especially since I'll be the one paying the bill for him. Thanks again