Thread: Shooting Sticks

Thanks

Shooting Sticks

I need the members help in what kind of shooting stick I should buy? I don't want to spend over $50 if possible and any assistance the group can give me would be appreciated.

Have a great week!

gman

Thanks
    Depending on what you are looking for Safari Stix makes a great light weight bipod for around $30. It folds down into three sections and are great for packing. I have carried one in my pack for at least ten years. With that said I just got a Bog Pod Bipod $60 and I love it although it is quite a bit heavier and not as compact as the Safari Stix. I have only used it for predator calling so far. Both pairs are for sitting not standing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sjsmallfield For This Useful Post:

gman1 (01-28-2013)

Thanks
    I've had the shooters ridge sticks for along time, untill I accedently left them in utah's back country this past year! So I'll be getting a new pair soon, the same ones, I was happy with them.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Muleys 24/7 For This Useful Post:

gman1 (01-28-2013)

Thanks
    I have used nothing but the stoney point shooting sticks(short ones). I have never had any problems being able to get down to the 3ft+/- to get a good shot off. So many times we are shooting down at the animal that these end up being just right. In the first minutes of morning and the last minutes of evening, I actually carry them assembled.

Hey Mulies, don't worry about leaving your sticks somewhere. As soon as the snow melts at 8500ft, I will go back and try to find my spotting scope I left on a rock last year when we were packing out. Good excuse to get a new Vortex 50??

Thanks
    As far as I'm concerned shooting sticks serve a dual purpose. I have used a walking stick, especially in steep and rocky ground since my knee replacement 13 years ago. I love the Trigger Stick. I use it as a walking stick and when I need it for shooting, pull the trigger and it extends to the desired height instantly. I have found it is really steady too. I've shot a bunch of animals using it and am never without it.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tttoadman View Post
    I have used nothing but the stoney point shooting sticks(short ones). I have never had any problems being able to get down to the 3ft+/- to get a good shot off. So many times we are shooting down at the animal that these end up being just right. In the first minutes of morning and the last minutes of evening, I actually carry them assembled.

Hey Mulies, don't worry about leaving your sticks somewhere. As soon as the snow melts at 8500ft, I will go back and try to find my spotting scope I left on a rock last year when we were packing out. Good excuse to get a new Vortex 50??
    X2 on the Stoney Point

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tttoadman View Post
    Ha, that's what happened to me to. On the last day, last evening of the hunt, I nailed a little meat buck to fill my tag. When I was done boning out the meat it was dark. Then sure enough when I was almost back to my truck from the long,long hike I remembered.....Damm, my sticks! I'll get them when I go back in 2014.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club