Thanks

antelope hunt in Wyoming in 2013

Hey guys been checking out this forum for sometime and looks like great forum. My brother and I are planning on going out to Wyoming to do some archery antelope hunting this upcoming August. We were looking into units 68, 72, or 73 to apply for. I know there is quite a bit of public ground in these areas, but I was wondering if any of you guys have been in any of those areas and have any thoughts about hunting out there and the odds of us drawing a tag for one of those units? This will be our first time goat hunting, trying do as much research as possible before hand. We were also looking at units 26,27, and 29, I know there is not as much public ground but is it pretty hard to get access on private ground for archery or would it it be to pay a trespass fee? We are trying to keep it is a cheap as possible poor colleges students Thanks

Thanks
    You can get draw odds from the WY game and fish website. They also have the draw odds in the MRS section. As far as trespass fees go they can get expensive. Some ranchers will allow you to kill does for free, but charge an arm and a leg to shoot a buck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ssliger For This Useful Post:

Hoyt-slayer (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Chances of drawing a buck tag with zero PP's are pretty slim. You should call the WGF or go on their website and ask to have a big game brochure sent to you. That will give you all the info you need to apply. Doe tags are usually pretty easy to draw for most units and can even be had for half price after all the drawing are done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to trkytrack2 For This Useful Post:

Hoyt-slayer (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Really is it still pretty hard to draw for units that do not have as much public access as and is it hard to get leftover tags for those units? If a doe tags are my best chance of drawing, I will take it. Just as long as I can get out there and get a feel for everything and maybe talk to some people.
    "The Art of Drawing"

Thanks
    0 points regular draw = Unit 7 (33.5% odds of drawing), 0 points special draw = 32 (100% odds of drawing)