Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 3 Posts

WY Antelope 62-2 & 63-2

I see both these areas can be drawn without any points. I haven't gotten hold of the biologist for these areas yet. I know there sub areas of the larger area but are they still good areas to apply to? Can bucks 77in and larger be taken in these areas? Make me nervious when the draw odds are so good. Any pitfalls I should know about if I apply here.
    Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They could be drawn without any points last year, but they were new hunts and 63-2 didn't even make it in the regulations booklet, hence the leftovers. I'd expect they odds to go down a bit this year. These area are a small portion of the entire area. A 77 inch buck can be taken in every area in Wyoming. I know that's a common answer, but it's true.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    If it helps you understand how popular 63-2 is, almost 200 tags went in 12 seconds during the leftover draw. The only reason the odds are shown as favorable is, as Hi Mtn put it, because 63-2 didn't make it into the regulations book before the initial drawing. I would expect that it will take 3-4 points to draw a 63-2 tag this year.

I heard of two bucks last year in 63 that scored above 77. One was reportedly in the low 80s, but I never saw a photo so am suspect of the claim, the other was 78 and it was killed in the 63-2 area. I'm sure there may be others, but those are the two I heard about.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks guys for clearing this up. I had a feeling this was too good to be true. Well with no points I can always hope to get lucky.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You won't see 63-2 for less than 2 points this year. 62-2 has access issues. This area of Wyoming is getting more and more locked up.