Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been bitten by the sheep bug!

Last year I was able to tag along with my brother-in-law on a sheep hunt. It was our first time ever hunting sheep we scouted alot and had a pretty good game plan when the opener came. We found this ram and he decided it was good enough for him. considering nobody had shot one in the unit for 8 years our expectations of shooting a huge ram were not to high. we just wanted a mature ram. needless to say it was hard work we loved every minute of it and I can't wait till I get lucky and draw a tag. with any luck it will be this year. but I am not holding my breath. anybody else have this sheep bug? or pics to share?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milo sheep 004.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	656Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milo sheep 018.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milo sheep 005.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milo sheep 001.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	659

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good luck with that sheep bug! I have it along with moose and goat. Have been putting in now for 33 years in a row without drawing a single one of them in Montana. It's way past time Montana goes to ONCE IN A LIFETIME for those three tags as there is just too many people looking for the opportunity and not enough tags to go around. Montana FWP needs to share the wealth and provide more opportunity for other folks to draw. I know and hear of people on their second moose, third sheep, well you get the point, every year and it needs to change. Good luck in the draws!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thats awesome. Cool pictures. I too would love to draw a sheep tag so hopefully someday that will happen.

6mm, that's quite discouraging to hear that! I hope that the reason you havent drawn is because you've been putting in for the top units all these years... Good luck this year!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    6mm, I have been trying to draw an Oregon sheep/goat once in a lifetime tag for at least 20 years still with no luck! I can understand the frustration. I just hope that if I ever do draw, that I am still able to physically do the hunt. Years are starting to add up! Good Luck to thump and all trying to draw my most prized tag!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I got to go with my budd on his goat hunt last year in the Galetin Range. LONG hike in, but it was worth every step. One of the goats that he passed on woud up walking with in 10 feet of me. I lost sight of him and started to spot for other goats, next thing I know I hear something panting next to me, I look up and there is a nice billy standing there. I will say this, there is nothing like being in goat/sheep country. Well high country deer is real close. He wound up taking a 9 inch billy on his third trip back in Nov with his bow.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been lucky enough to go on two successful goat hunts as a cook and wrangler. While it's great to be in the high country, and enjoying the hunters success with him and the guide, it is still not the same as taking your own!
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sheep bug is bad, you really don't want to get bit by it, you all should be thankful you haven't drawn yet, once you do you will be addicted. While waiting to draw a tag in the lower 48 guys who are serious about sheep hunting should be saving their money and going after dalls, might be a guys best chance of actually going sheep hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ridgerunner I think you are right. I decided that I need to start a hunting only fund. And dall sheep is on my high priority list.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My wife has agreed that if I don't draw by the time I'm 65, I can get serious about looking elsewhere, probably Alaska, for a sheep. only 5 years to go!
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    im here with you...i have the sheep bug myself...i shot a dall a few years ago...save the money and go...they aint getting any cheaper...iv been on 2 big horn hunts...and thats when it all got started...its aint good!!!! one of these days ill draw CO.