Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last I new a dall hunt ran about 12 to 15000 hir in Alaska.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Have done alot of research on this. Cheapest dall sheep hunts are 8500.00 in alaska, and go all the way up to 20000.00 plus in the Yukon and Northwest Territory.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i went to alaska in 09 and shot a 36" ram and a 57" moose for 11600.00.......it aint getten any cheaper then that....if you want more info of the hunt just send me a PM. it was a great hunt. shot my sheep on the first day and my moose on the first day of moose season. this was a 12 day hunt. there was three of us that went...3 sheep..all over 36" and two of us killed moose and the other guy could of he just dident see anything over 60" so thats why he dident shoot anything...i know one thing is for sure they will not get any cheaper. the sooner you can go the better off you are.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Go now before prices get even more outragous, I locked in todays price with a good outfitter for a hunt in 2013, wish they weren't so expensive but they definately are not going to be getting any cheaper, that's for sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i was bitten 25 years ago when i went with a friend to help his teenage son here in WY. I went to alaska goat hunting dyi the next year. Since then 13 more sheep hunt a couple of moose and i ain't done yet! Three of the sheep are mine, wy bighorn and yukon stone with a bow and alaska dall with a rifle.Don't get bit it never quits itching.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My hunting fund has enough in it now to cover a sheep hunt at the price they were when I started. The only problem is they are 2-3 times more now! I would really like to go after a dall sheep before I get too old.
    Member: RMEF, MDF, NRA, DU, PF and Life Member NAHC.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    My hunting fund has enough in it now to cover a sheep hunt at the price they were when I started. The only problem is they are 2-3 times more now! I would really like to go after a dall sheep before I get too old.
    A good thing to remember is all the money isn't needed up front. ie if you booked a hunt now for say 2012 or 2013 you would likely have to put 1/3 down now, 1/3 in say June of the year of your hunt, and the final 1/3 upon arrival at camp. In a way that helps to spread the cost of the hunt out over a period of time.

Another option if you have the flexibility is to narrow down a short list of outfitters that you would consider hunting with and get added to their cancellation list. You may not get much advance notice, but you will likely save some money.
    Last edited by Duk Dog; 04-15-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Dall sheep in AK

COhunter, looking at a Dall sheep hunt in AK. Saw ur post from last year offering info on an outfitter. I was wondering if I could get that info. Plz let me know if you or anyone u know would like to go in 2014. Looking for a hunt partner. Thx for the help.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by COhunter View Post
    i went to alaska in 09 and shot a 36" ram and a 57" moose for 11600.00.......it aint getten any cheaper then that....if you want more info of the hunt just send me a PM. it was a great hunt. shot my sheep on the first day and my moose on the first day of moose season. this was a 12 day hunt. there was three of us that went...3 sheep..all over 36" and two of us killed moose and the other guy could of he just dident see anything over 60" so thats why he dident shoot anything...i know one thing is for sure they will not get any cheaper. the sooner you can go the better off you are.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Some sheep options.

Ibex in Spain $7000-12000 per ibex, they have four (Sierra Nevada, Ronda, Al Baceite, and Gredos).

Ibex in New Mexico $1509 self guided, really tough hunt to draw. Or hunt the off-mountain areas and pray.

Aoudad in New Mexico over the counter small numbers, tough hunt. Self guided $500ish.

West Texas Aoudad 1800-5500 free range.

Mouflon sheep in Europe (the ones in Hawaii are not pure) $6500 for a granddaddy. $3000 for a nice ram.

Persian Ibex Turkey $9500 I did this self guided when I lived there, never took a billy but saw some nice ones miles away. Great place.

You can also hunt sheep in Iran, Pakistan and you can hunt Tur for $8500ish in the Caucus mountains of Russia, Georgia, or Ajerbaijan. (which is a goat, but counts as a sheep for Wild Sheep Foundation slams).

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mm Remington View Post
    Good luck with that sheep bug! I have it along with moose and goat. Have been putting in now for 33 years in a row without drawing a single one of them in Montana. It's way past time Montana goes to ONCE IN A LIFETIME for those three tags as there is just too many people looking for the opportunity and not enough tags to go around. Montana FWP needs to share the wealth and provide more opportunity for other folks to draw. I know and hear of people on their second moose, third sheep, well you get the point, every year and it needs to change. Good luck in the draws!
    33 years for MT sheep and you have not drawn!?!? did you gain a point each of those years?

avoid 680 and 482 and I think you'd draw a sheep tag this year if you apply for any of the other sheep units.