Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    Whaaaa??? Woah wait a sec Herr. I heard on the Internet that them thar deer n elk will laugh at you if you look all dorkish when hunting. Everything must match. Always use scent soap. Most important you need only the newest calls and most recent weapons. All this found on the Internet.
    And remember they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. I heard that on the internet.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSZ View Post
    For packs and such, duct tape is very effective at quieting it down and they'll smell you or see sudden movements and spook long before they will actually see you.

Anything your size that doesn't move like a tree is going to get their attention, but what the tree is wearing doesn't bother them.
    Whaaaa??? Woah wait a sec Herr. I heard on the Internet that them thar deer n elk will laugh at you if you look all dorkish when hunting. Everything must match. Always use scent soap. Most important you need only the newest calls and most recent weapons. All this found on the Internet. I honestly am amazed the cave men ever made it. Oh yeah... Nm they didn't.

Lol ..... I feel better wearing it so I do. However.... Proper field craft goes a lot farther than fashion.
    Hahahhahahhah cause everything thing on the innernet is true!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSZ View Post
    For packs and such, duct tape is very effective at quieting it down and they'll smell you or see sudden movements and spook long before they will actually see you.

Anything your size that doesn't move like a tree is going to get their attention, but what the tree is wearing doesn't bother them.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    And remember they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. I heard that on the internet.

Holy crap SJS I love that friggin commercial! Hahahha I posted what I did before I went to the next page and saw yours. Hilarious!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Holy crap SJS I love that friggin commercial! Hahahha I posted what I did before I went to the next page and saw yours. Hilarious!
    I was hoping someone would get a laugh out of it. I should have known it would be you!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hell the only reason I wear camo is so that the other hunters can't see me and know where all my secret spots are!!!!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The closest I ever stalked a buck was when I was wearing blue jeans and a white shirt. Of course I kept a huge pine tree between us as I walked to 15 yards of him bedded down. You don't NEED all camo, but it does help if there isn't enough cover to conceal you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Whaaaa??? Woah wait a sec Herr. I heard on the Internet that them thar deer n elk will laugh at you if you look all dorkish when hunting. Everything must match. Always use scent soap. Most important you need only the newest calls and most recent weapons. All this found on the Internet. I honestly am amazed the cave men ever made it. Oh yeah... Nm they didn't.

Lol ..... I feel better wearing it so I do. However.... Proper field craft goes a lot farther than fashion.

Well, anyone with ANY fashion sense knows you have to go out in style...don't think that just because they're wild animals that the deer don't know their fashion.

I heard that spandiflage and all-leather boots are in and Lindsay Lohan is coming out with a new scent. I can't wait!!!
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Hell the only reason I wear camo is so that the other hunters can't see me and know where all my secret spots are!!!!
    True story!

Camo really doesn't matter as much as being still and taking a bath. Unless of course you are down here hunting some of the exotics that can actually see color.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I know this is an old thread, but this made me laugh. I wear camo because you can only find bibs in camo, and I always wear bibs. Also because I am cool. I even wear camo when i fish from a boat. I can't think of how many times I have seen stray trees cruizing up and down the river, so i want to cover every possibility.

my closest encounter. sitting in a lawn chair on my little stand at my parents place during elk season. red hat, black ski bibs, blue chair. I had a buck walk up from the bottom of the draw straight at me. he just kept getting closer. by the time he actually saw me sitting there, he was about 10 feet from me. the comical part was that i had to turn my 300 zoom lense back in with my finger to get his head in the picture. when I clicked the camera, he jumped out of his shorts and that was the end of that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    in all seriousness, my brother normally hunts in blue jeans and a giant peach colored sweatshirt. He has been out-hunting me since we were 12. He is living proof that the approach and stealth is everything. When we are hot on it, I just keep my mouth shut and do what he says.