Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Those are great pics thanks for sharing. I will try and get a few old ones posted.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	5203
    My son with one of his first finds.

Thanks
    Dandy shed... Always fun to get the kids involved

Thanks
    there is no rhyme or reason to when they drop. im convinced it has nothing to do with food health or weather. ive found trophy mule deer horns during end of december and seen trophy mule deer still sporting racks in march on same winter range on several diff years in totaly diff conditions. also seen deer drop one and keep other side on for several weeks. have only found white tail sheds so far this year

Thanks
    I have to agree. Growing up on the ranch outside Soda I used to watch the deer and elk all winter long. I could never pattern or diagnose any certain thing that got them dropping. I do love to shed hunt and since I am so busy with work I am unable to pattern or even spend time watching the critters this year. Also living in a new area where the snow is scarce and the animals are very spread out I cant even decide where to start. I am headed out in the morning to spend a day in Kelly Canyon, Tuesday in Swan Valley, then hit a few spots around Pinedale and Thermopolis on my way back to Cheyenne. I will keep you posted.

Thanks
    I shed hunt and will start sometime soon, archery shoots now take up most of my time.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Carter Squeeze me release, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather 

Thanks
    I agree wit ivory, i cant tell u how many articles iv read that so called deer experts have wrote talking about the best and worst ways to hunt sheds and why they do it blah blah blah. I havent found many facts about it that i believe. All i know is that if your not were the deer are you wont find any, and if u dont get out and look for em u dang sure wont find em. Thats my professional expert opinion.

Thanks
    Not sure if I agree with everyone on this and I am by no means an expert. We picked up 6 more sheds Sunday in 4.7 miles. All in roughly the same area. South facing, on the edge of something.. Opening, brush, ravine. We walk north facing and large openings and never find anything and that's where we can see the furthest/most. Timing is everything in my opinion. You can't push the animals out but you have to be with the first wave of folks. I am a 20-30 shed a year guy and would love to be better. I hear some guys find that in a day. That's who need on here giving advise, not me. . But I do think there is strategy involved

Thanks
    On my way to Lodge last evening saw 2 bucks still sporting their headgear. One was a 3x3, the other a forkie. One of my Lodge Brothers told me he has seen several elk with only one antler left. Looks like anytime here in SW Colorado.
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 03-01-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Well my trip was a bust. It snowed several inches and I didn't find anything. A few of the canyons I was wanting to hit were full of tracks from fellow shed hunters. I was a little too late. I did see a few bucks still holding on to their antlers. I was also somewhat fooled by the lack of snow in eastern Wy. The spring like weather in this area had me a bit anxious. On the west side of the state there is a lot of snow. I didn't bring snow shoes so the post holing was a little too hard for this old guy. I am headed back this Sunday. Going to join up with a few friends in Soda Springs. I can't wait.