Thread: Equipment Help

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Equipment Help

Just got into archery 6 months ago. Purchased a Bear Charge from a respectable dealer that set it up "well" from what I can determine. Been target shooting, but want to hunt deer & whatever I can get a permit for (Elk possibly) next fall. Wondering what I should look into as far as..... "best" arrows; .....should I consider changing string before the fall to something better.......... should I add one of those short stabilizers I see the target shooters using on my HUNTING bow.......... anything I'm not thinking of I should be adding as far as equipment? I'm shooting tight groups up to 30 yards at 54 lbs draw weight (should be at 60 lbs by next fall) with Easton AXIS N-FUSED CARBON 400's with 100 grain tips.

Appreciate any comments/suggestions.

budda

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you are shooting good, i wouldnt change anything. Unless you get a top of the line stabilizer, they dont do much other than help with vibrations / quieting thing. A good heavy stab will help you hold more steady. I dont run one just because of the added weight. Good luck! Im sure others on here will chime in with some ideas

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Dont change your setup. Shoot what feels good. Give this season a ahot with your set up. Start going to 3d shoots and get as much and differnent practice as you can if you start burning up aome arrows. Maybe think of the easton axis fmj. If you plan on shooting 60# (which is perfectly fine) a heavier arrow would help with penetration especially if you decide to start chasing elk. Have fun with it man. Its a great obsession, i meant hobby

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyu View Post
    Dont change your setup. Shoot what feels good. Give this season a ahot with your set up. Start going to 3d shoots and get as much and differnent practice as you can if you start burning up aome arrows. Maybe think of the easton axis fmj. If you plan on shooting 60# (which is perfectly fine) a heavier arrow would help with penetration especially if you decide to start chasing elk. Have fun with it man. Its a great obsession, i meant hobby
    Thanks guys. Guess I'll leave well enough alone for now. Just thought if there was something an inexperienced "shooter" should be considering, I'd ask. I'm having so darn much fun target shooting and looking forward to hunting season in the fall, I didn't want to leave anything to chance that guys or 'gals that had been shooting for years might want to suggest.