Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
Guys,

I am not trying to get down on you! Like I said, it works for a lot of guys.

I used to run a 6.5-20 Mark 4 on one of my favorite rifles, and it worked OK, but the limited FOV was a bugger. I got rid of it, and don't see myself getting another. I don't miss the magnification at all.

Kevin,

I am sure you will like the scope. It is an awesome one. That FOV at the low end is awesome! The extra magnification will be really nice when you are at the range, and you can always dial it down when you need to, like BKC mentioned. One issue you may run into hunting is that tiny 2mm exit pupil at 25x, especially if you got a ballistic or windage reticle that is subtended at the max magnification, which would restrict you to that magnification. You will have to keep us updated on how you like it in the field.

FWIW, my main hunting rifles wear a 2-7X32, a 3-9X42, a 4-12X50, and a 4-16X50. I would be happy hunting with any of them, but like that little 2-7X32 best for high country backpack stuff.

My favorite scope at the range is definitely the 4-16. Pretty hard to have too much magnification from the bench!
I'm definetely going to need to pick your brain....your talking stuff that I'm not sure I am quite understanding. I'm good with the FOV, but what are you referring to when you state "One issue you may run into hunting is that tiny 2mm exit pupil at 25x, especially if you got a ballistic or windage reticle that is subtended at the max magnification, which would restrict you to that magnification".

I'm not sure I got the "ballistic or windage reticle that is subtended at the max magnificaiton."Is this when the sight plate is in a second focal plane and and if you adjust the magnification your eleveation lines (like with a BDC type reticle) change with the magnification?