Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 5 Posts
    Any pictures on the kifaru timberline. There website shows the outside but I couldn't really see any detail

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Try looking at rokslide.com there's a comparison between the two packs and a pretty good video. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    It was due to the lack of functional load lifters, predominantly.

Otherwise, I really like that pack. The dragonfly is a heavier, more featured version. the J34 is the newest version of my pack.
    I really like my BlueWidow, but I haven't humped a 100 pound load with it yet.. Its done well with 75 pounds, but like BB says, the load lifters are little bit suspect, I'm afraid it could run into trouble with a BIG load.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    I really like my BlueWidow, but I haven't humped a 100 pound load with it yet.. Its done well with 75 pounds, but like BB says, the load lifters are little bit suspect, I'm afraid it could run into trouble with a BIG load.
    How long have you been using your blue widow? Do you use it mostly for archery or just packing stuff? When's look at eberlestock's website they say the dragonfly is more for the gun hunter and the blue widow was the dragon fly designed for an archery hunter. Just wondering....trying to gather all the info I can.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I work with a guy that sells packs, both hunting and hiking, and he recommends the packs like Gregory as the ones to go with when it comes to long trips because they are lighter weight and have better support. They will not have features to carry bows or guns and the waterproofing of some of the hunting packs.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Work2hunt View Post
    How long have you been using your blue widow? Do you use it mostly for archery or just packing stuff? When's look at eberlestock's website they say the dragonfly is more for the gun hunter and the blue widow was the dragon fly designed for an archery hunter. Just wondering....trying to gather all the info I can.
    I've only got a season on it, about 10 days of hunting, and probably close to 50 days just training with it on. I hiked hills all spring and summer with 60-75 pounds in it, and did a 9 day wilderness hunt with it as well. With the spike duffle, it held everything I needed for 9 days, with room to spare.

I use it for archery hunting, but there's no reason you can't crossover with it. the dragon fly comes with a scabbard, the blue widow doesnt.. When I looked at the dragon fly, I couldn't figure out how a guy could get his gun out of the scabbard without being double jointed though..
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    When I looked at the dragon fly, I couldn't figure out how a guy could get his gun out of the scabbard without being double jointed though..
    It is actually really quick and easy. Getting it back in takes some practice.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clacklin009 View Post
    I work with a guy that sells packs, both hunting and hiking, and he recommends the packs like Gregory as the ones to go with when it comes to long trips because they are lighter weight and have better support. They will not have features to carry bows or guns and the waterproofing of some of the hunting packs.
    Backpacking packs have really comfortable suspensions ... With backpacking weights. They are not designed with hunting loads in mind. The suspensions on the packs I originally listed give up nothing to high end backpacking packs, and were designed with hunting weights as design goals.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I guess I should have mentioned that I brought up backpacking packs because you can get a Gregory on close-out in the $200-$300 range, most likely better than high end hunting packs, but you give up the over load principle of the later.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm very new to this game, but have heard alot about the badlands packs. I saw that they werent mentioned in the list of upper end packs?