Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    My guess would be you are compensating for the lack of load lifters, and by leaning, you are constantly changing the amounts of pressure on your hips, causing the pain.

I had the exact same problems with my Eberle J104 with really heavy loads like that. I have not had those problems with the SG and Kifaru.
    I hear what you are saying. I really like the ability of the dragonfly to zip up and turn into a daypack with the side pockets for scope and tripod. Then when you need to haul out some meat you can unzip it and put some meat into the mesh inside. If you need to add some more room you can zip the duffle bag to the outside.

Does kifaru or stone glacier or any of the others have similar options? Preference to a model between kifaru or stone glacier?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    The Timberline bags have long side pockets, that are perfect for spotter and tripod. The SG has an integrated meat shelf. The Timberline can also be used as a meat shelf with the frame. However, the Kifaru has accessories like the hanging meat bag that separates the meat from your gear in the packbag.

Both bags compress easily into daypack mode.

I loved my J104, and it packed out plenty of game with me, but the SG and Kifaru are superior packs when it comes to heavy load comfort.
    Last edited by Bitterroot Bulls; 07-26-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did 18 miles this last weekend in the CA high country getting ready for Alaska and had 80lbs in my Kifaru BT1 thing rides like a cadilliac. I can only compare it to my previous badlands packs though. I know BB did a full blown review between the two packs SG and the Kifaru Highcamp Bikini so he is only one I know that has knowledge between the two

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I did 18 miles this last weekend in the CA high country getting ready for Alaska and had 80lbs in my Kifaru BT1 thing rides like a cadilliac. I can only compare it to my previous badlands packs though. I know BB did a full blown review between the two packs SG and the Kifaru Highcamp Bikini so he is only one I know that has knowledge between the two
    BB, or anyone else, know where I can find your video reviews of the packs?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    PM sent .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bitterroot Bulls For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Kuiu is having a sale on their Icon 5200 and 7200 packs right now if anyone is looking. I ordered a 5200 for myself.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My 0.02... I looked at several and ended up purchasing a Kifaru Timberline 3 with duplex frame last year. It's great for day pack and good for up to 2-3 nights. For anything longer I would want something a bit bigger. It's not a cheap pack but I'd definitely say Kifaru has great customer service and high quality product. I would purchase again in a heartbeat.