Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    there was a total quota of 3 wolf tags for the entire teton wilderness....They played absolutely no affect to the wolf population that is present there

Thanks
    Not good at all!

Thanks
    The tricky part about the law is the "no compensation" rule. You can't accept as much as a Snickers candy bar from one of the hunters because that would be a form of compensation in the eyes of the law. There is a $70 fee for the fourteen day temporary guide license. Good luck if you attempt this ...your going to need it.

Thanks
    TRKY had you read link supplied previously you'd see that a "resident guide" is a free proposition. We always need good luck because those wonderful lands of wyoming are 22 hours away, and that might include bending the speed limit here or there. We've done it before and had success, all by ourselves in several states. This time we're just asking for someone to come on this adventure with us, no more and no less. There's been great response and this is going to happen one way or another. At some point we all need to figure out that we're all in this together, before it's too late and these opportunites become so rare and expensive that only the wealthy get to do it or it's gone all together. I've helped total strangers quarter and pack out their elk. I've helped lost people get found, people dig out their buried rigs, find their lost horses, and on many occasions, have offered and welcomed other hunters to camp and hunt with us. There's still lots of good, fun and genuine people out there looking for an adventure and we're all going to have a great time! Respectfully e_N_e

Thanks
    If I was near that area I would love to go with you.

Thanks
    Back country adventures with new friends sounds like an amazing good time. We should all be connecting like this more.

Thanks
    I hunted in the Teton Wilderness in Thorofare in 2011 (with an outfitter). The wolves have definately taken a toll on the elk, deer & moose. We also saw lots of grizzlies. I don't know about the resident guide thing, but I definately would not venture into this area without some local knowledge. The bears can be a serious problem and are definately not afraid of humans from what I've seen. The area we hunted was right next to the SE corner of the Park. It was a 33 mile, 9 1/2 hour ride to camp from the trailhead. I'm no expert on the area, but it is really awsome country.

Good luck.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    I'll 2nd that! now if my kid would just go to sleep!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hannibal.jpg  

Thanks
    Yeah I can honestly say I'm not thrilled about the GRIZ situation... but that's part of the deal when you hunt up there. We'll take the necessary precautions for sure. Plus as long as I can run faster than just 1 of our group... I should be OK!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elk_n_esox View Post
    Yeah I can honestly say I'm not thrilled about the GRIZ situation... but that's part of the deal when you hunt up there. We'll take the necessary precautions for sure. Plus as long as I can run faster than just 1 of our group... I should be OK!
    Elk, bring along some approved bear pepper spray and NEVER run! From what I've heard from friends, the bulls don't bugle much because of the wolf presence. Those killer wolves sure thinned out the elk since '95. I haven't hunted teton park in 12 years. Too many wolves & grizzlies!