Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy or Wait

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Buy or Wait

I was looking at getting a Hoyt Carbon Spyder turbo at the start of the season but with school i couldn't. Now that Elk season is halfway over should i bother buying a bow or should i wait until next spring when the bows are released?
    i was looking at getting one of the following:
    Matthews Chill X
    Prime defy
    HOYT Vector 34
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo
    Elite Energy 35
    Bowtech CPXL

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 2 Posts
    Are you experienced with shooting a bow? If not, go to your local pro shop and shoot the bows you are interested in. After shooting them several times you should be able to determine what bow feels comfortable to you. If it were me, I would buy now and start shooting in preparation for next year, its never to early to get prepared and practice. You might get a good deal now on a good bow before the new models come out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My brother just bought an elite 35 and let me tell you, its a shooter! That bow has the best draw cycle, the most letoff, the best grip, and the quieitest shot of any bow I know and it is much more affordable than the carbon spyder! Give it a look!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    We are just a couple of months away from most major bow manufacturers releasing their 2015 line. I'd probably wait. Having said that....do make sure and shoot as many bows as you can before you decide on one. That Elite bow is excellent, as is every Elite I have shot. I currently still shoot the BT Invasion and would be hard pressed to change I like it so much. If I did, it would probably be an Elite. Good luck!
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    If you can shoot all those bows, one will "speak to you". Seriously, you will just know.

If you have the cash and one speaks to you then do it. If not then wait.

I would not plan on bowhunting this year, but instead get in an indoor league this winter, and do your best to wear out a target butt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You should add the Obsession Evolution to that list! Amazing bow! Really speaks for itself.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I shot the chill and spider the other day and left w the chill, just sayin. Less hand shock, quieter, more stable at full draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks guys ive been hunting for 3 years with a Parker Hornet and a Vector 32 I shot the Chill X and the CPXL today and loved them both. Im hoping that i can find a similar bow in the new line. im looking for a long ATA bow for hunting here in WA and ID and one taht can double for winter league and spring 3D shoots.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EWAElkhunter View Post
    Thanks guys ive been hunting for 3 years with a Parker Hornet and a Vector 32 I shot the Chill X and the CPXL today and loved them both. Im hoping that i can find a similar bow in the new line. im looking for a long ATA bow for hunting here in WA and ID and one taht can double for winter league and spring 3D shoots.
    Everything you just said screams Elite. That cpxl will serve you well too. Good luck!
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    If you don't mind used wait until the new stuff comes out in the spring and pick up a year old bow on eBay. I did it this year and got a Bowtech Experience a few hundred off new prices. I love the guys who change bows every year.