Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 2 Posts

Bow range problems?

I say this because I bought a new home in side the city (wife liked it); with laws that say no single projectiles be shot inside city limits...........

Big problem!

Solution!
    Range in the basement. Easy right. NO!
    Over the pool table, over the recliner, and into the closet to hit the target. Boom- 20yd indoor range. Problem solved. I will post a picture.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 38 Times in 6 Posts
    Yes.

I put up a 6 foot privacy fence in my back yard... I shoot towards my garage so if I screw up, I won't take a chance on hurting anyone or anything other than my property. I do have two section of 1" OSB to slow down any missed but they haven't ever been needed.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 4 Posts
    I hear ya man. The last time I lived in town was during college. After that my only request is to live where I can shoot my bow from my own yard. So far my wife has been accepting of that request.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 39 Times in 2 Posts
    Just be careful. I know my local police dept treats a bow like a gun in terms of enforcing shooting one inside city limits.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 38 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Just be careful. I know my local police dept treats a bow like a gun in terms of enforcing shooting one inside city limits.
    In California I believe it... In rural Nebraska the local sheriff and I have the same opinion. Only way he is showing up at my house is if a neighbor complains. They can't complain about something they can't see...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilltop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    I had the same problem when I lived in South Dakota. I was able to find a good range that had a 50 yard indoor range about 30 minutes from my house. Went there a couple times a week. You might also try and find a farmer that would let you shoot on some of his land. He may not let you hunt, but maybe they would be nice enough to let you shoot by a corn field or something. That's what I'm doing now.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcour View Post
    I had the same problem when I lived in South Dakota. I was able to find a good range that had a 50 yard indoor range about 30 minutes from my house. Went there a couple times a week. You might also try and find a farmer that would let you shoot on some of his land. He may not let you hunt, but maybe they would be nice enough to let you shoot by a corn field or something. That's what I'm doing now.
    Go idea TD and share some of my harvest with them too.