Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcaves View Post
    I found one on public land last year, only problem with that is you have to go through my friends place to get it and he was with me, he took it down and I kept it. Not the nicest thing to do but trespassers don't deserve to keep their stuff
    I have that problem pretty much every year. We've got a large section of public land landlocked and it never fails that people find a way onto it. The majority of times the cams are set up on feeders with stands set up (which, the feeders and stands left over 72hrs are illegal here) because ppl seem to think that no one can get there to check up on what they're doing. I won't take their stuff, but their SD cards get handed over to the game warden.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well it would be destroyed by my friend so why not keep it??

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonArrow View Post
    If the camera was on public land, that's stealing. If the dude who set it out was trespassing, that is a separate issue for the authorities.
    My thoughts as well. Instead of the landowner taking his/her camera, he could have done something else to inform the individual that he/she was crossing private property and it is not tolerated. Make a sign, leave a note to where they can get the camera, something other than stealing his/her device. Taking the camera doesn't stop the person from going in there, it just pisses him/her off.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You can place a camera up high and angle it down to take pictures; cows can't rub it. Nothing will stop a camera thief. Some bolt cutters are small enough to carry in a backpack.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub24 View Post
    My thoughts as well. Instead of the landowner taking his/her camera, he could have done something else to inform the individual that he/she was crossing private property and it is not tolerated. Make a sign, leave a note to where they can get the camera, something other than stealing his/her device. Taking the camera doesn't stop the person from going in there, it just pisses him/her off.
    I think land owners blocking access to public land is wrong and treating it like it's theirs is as bad as stealing. If someone is hunting or fishing on posted land, that's one thing but harmlessly crossing it is another.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    FWIW...that's the origin of our high fences here.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 87TT View Post
    I think land owners blocking access to public land is wrong and treating it like it's theirs is as bad as stealing. If someone is hunting or fishing on posted land, that's one thing but harmlessly crossing it is another.
    I will not disagree with you at all. Public land should be accessible by all, regardless if it is surrounded by private.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I usually take 2 lone wolf ladder sticks with me, try to get them high. I have had one taken, but that just the risk you take.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    idaho is bad wit land locked pub land, rich fellows buy just enough land to land lock. as far as im concerned public is public. i know there are a few on here that have their own priv land that land locks public land and they love the idea of it and will try their damnedest to keep people out. i mean no offense, but if its public land its just that, public land. if i was lucky enough to have some land locked land i may think diff id hope not though. there has got to be something we can do as avid outdoors men to change some laws concerning this prob.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Look at it this way. Suppose you owned (bought and paid for) a piece of land and some rich guy had your property land locked. How would you feel about it. I'm a vet and served my country. That "public" land belongs to me. No one should be able to keep me from using and enjoying it. If some landowner steals my property be it public land or a camera, I'm araid I might become his worst nightmare.