Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    OH, on your Wolf, did you ever have any issues with the trigger not wanting to go, when you pulled it? 2 or 3 times now, I've had to REALLY squeeze to get the gun to go off. 50 pound trigger pull is not the best for accurate shooting.
    That sounds like it could be a rust issue inside or something with the sear. I'd email CVA for info on how to send the gun in for inspection/repair/replacement.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    290 gr. Barnes

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smokepole View Post
    290 gr. Barnes
    What Barnes bullet? Do you have first hand experience?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    290 gr. Barnes
    Welcome to the Eastman's forum smokepole.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    What Barnes bullet? Do you have first hand experience?
    TMZ, .451 Boat Tail. As a matter of fact I do have a little first hand experience. Over a decade worth. One thing I won't respond to is someone calling me out over a response to a question. We all have different experiences and likes. I don't have to justify what and why I like what I like to you. :-)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    TMZ, .451 Boat Tail. As a matter of fact I do have a little first hand experience. Over a decade worth. One thing I won't respond to is someone calling me out over a response to a question. We all have different experiences and likes. I don't have to justify what and why I like what I like to you. :-)
    Welcome to the forum... I might be wrong but I don't think he was trying to "call you out". I think he was actually interested to hear your specific experiences.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    After re-reading the question I agree, CoHiCntry. Please accept my apology, Drhorsepower and forum members, for being rude and blunt. I am sorry.

I like this bullet because of the ballistic coefficient, terminal performance and the retained bullet weight. Especially on larger big game animals. I believe there's always more than one good bullet to choose from. Another one I have had success with is the Dead Center 300 grain bullet. It too has the attributes as mentioned above.

Both of these bullets are excellent performers. I use Triple 7, FF and FFF for these bullets as well as Blackhorn 209. My rifle is a T/C Omega .50 cal with a Leupold Vari-x II.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    After re-reading the question I agree, CoHiCntry. Please accept my apology, Drhorsepower and forum members, for being rude and blunt. I am sorry.

I like this bullet because of the ballistic coefficient, terminal performance and the retained bullet weight. Especially on larger big game animals. I believe there's always more than one good bullet to choose from. Another one I have had success with is the Dead Center 300 grain bullet. It too has the attributes as mentioned above.

Both of these bullets are excellent performers. I use Triple 7, FF and FFF for these bullets as well as Blackhorn 209. My rifle is a T/C Omega .50 cal with a Leupold Vari-x II.
    No smokepole, I'm sorry, I can see my previous post taken out of context.

What state do you live in?
    I have been playing with the tmz, and the expander mz in my knight. Heading to the shooting range today with my old man, hope to report back better results than before. I'm using 777ffg and trying some mmp sabots.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 49 Times in 7 Posts
    Smokepole.....I don't think DRH was "calling you out"! He's a good guy, a friend, and has been a contributor on this forum for years.

DRH originally started this thread because he is new to muzzleloading this year and he is wanting to sort out which bullet to use for elk hunting. We later asked that people share from there own experience. There are a lot of bullets that shoot accurately from a muzzleloader, but are specifically looking for first hand performance on elk. I'm very much interested in this subject too, with 21 points in Colorado that will most likely be used on a muzzleloader elk hunt in the next year or two.

I don't believe his clarifying questions is "calling you out". When he asked "what barnes bullet" there are several varieties of Barnes bullets. By asking "do you have first hand experience" he's only asking if you have taken elk with that bullet, and maybe you could share your experience.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 49 Times in 7 Posts
    Little late with my last post. Takes a good man to apologize. Welcome Smokepole!
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)