Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, move your rest slightly to the right. Get it dialed in for that yardage and then move back 10 yards and try it again. Its key to move back because you might only hit a few inches to the left at 20 yards but at 40, 50, or 60 you could be off a foot or more. keep moving the rest a little bit until you get it dialed in at long range and you should still be fine up close. your just fine tuning your set up.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 3 Posts
    I've been looking for more information on tuning the binary cam system in my insanity cpx, and everything I have seen so far says to set the rest for center shot, then if my arrow isn't flying right to give one side of the cable and extra twist on top and bottom. Has anyone had any experience with this? I used to shoot a mathews with the solo cam, so the binary cam system is new to me
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 58 Times in 4 Posts
    You should only be moving your rest to paper tune your bow. Once you get your arrow to fly straight, hence the reason you paper tune, then all you need to do is move your sight. You shouldn't be moving your rest to try and hit your target, you should only be moving your sights. Also, when you paper tune your bow, make sure you have field points on your arrow so that you don't have to try and distinguish if it was the broad head, or the arrow fletching, that made the cuts in the paper. You also want to make sure that you are not standing real close to the paper, because remember your arrow will have some flex in it as it leaves your bow. So be sure to stand back several feet to ensure your arrow has a chance to straighten out. Lastly, if all else fails you can have a friend shoot your bow through paper and see if the arrows are flying straight for them. If that is the case then it probably has something to do with your shooting form. Good luck.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 1 Post
    I would do some experimenting with the weights, FOC can help. You can also square off your insert....I have the G5 ASD tool and if you flip it to the side that has the blade, it will work on your inserts. Take a sharpie and color the face of your insert, when its off your square. You may also look at what fletch your using. Just my experience but i shoot shuttle t's and with 2" vanes they shot awesome to 70 yards, I switched to a 3" vane and my groups held out to 85.
    Have you shot past 20 yards?? Does it keep shooting left even worse or the same?? Lots of people will struggle to shoot broadheads at first, they are to excited and want to see what damage it does. Make sure your not pulling your head to peak and your follow through is true. Good luck to ya....hope some of these ideas help.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcour View Post
    I'm trying to get my broadheads to fly straight, but I am having a heck of a time doing it. I have read the easton broadhead tuning page, but that didn't really help. I have the broadheads shooting about 1" to the left of my field points at 20 yards which is not ok with me. I have the bow turned up as high as it will go (easton recommendation) and I REALLY don't feel like shooting 70ish pounds if I don't have to. That is just asking for me not to be able to get my bow back when I'm freezing in a tree stand or out of energy from a long stalk. I'd like to be somewhere in the mid to upper 60s for draw (I've noticed a couple of pounds can be a big difference at times). I'm shooting gold tip arrows with a 100 grain Muzzy MX-3. I've heard that the MX-3s just don't tune very well from time to time. I also have the occasional "flyer" that will end up 6 or so inches to the left and fly very badly. I think I need to square my arrows, but I already have the insert glued in. Is there a way I can square up the arrow with the insert in? Do I need to switch to a heavier broadhead? I have no issues with my field points flying straight or acting weird. Its only when I put my broadheads on that I see bad flight and a "new zero". As for the arrow spine, I'm dead on for the gold tip chart, so I don't really think I should have to change my arrow to adjust the spine.

Anyone have any tips?
    Will need to know your bow specs ? I know you mentioned the Insanity at 68# but need draw length as well ? Also will need arrow specs, you mentioned GT's but will need raw shaft length and what spine ?

Do you have access to a press ? I can walk you through tuning that bow no problem.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ontarget7 View Post
    Will need to know your bow specs ? I know you mentioned the Insanity at 68# but need draw length as well ? Also will need arrow specs, you mentioned GT's but will need raw shaft length and what spine ?

Do you have access to a press ? I can walk you through tuning that bow no problem.
    Draw length is 28" with d-loop I'm at 28.5. Raw shaft length on my 340 Gold Tips is 28.5 and with broadhead and nock it is 30.5". I'm starting to mess a little with my FOC and overall weight. Right now my FOC is at 9% and my total weight is about 404 grains, but I'm trying to get my FOC to around the 11% mark. I'm doing some testing with different tip weights to see which flies the best and I'll stick with that. I'm guessing I'll add a little to the overall weight and be somewhere around the 10-12% FOC.

As for a bow press, I'm sure I could use the one at the archery shop I go to. I'm not sure if they will let me operate the press, but I'm sure if I tell them what to do they could do it for me.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry bro PM's are cleared.
    Call me today and I can go over tuning that with you.

Shane
    970-301-0706

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ontarget7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Keep me posted on your progress

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Will do! Planning on heading to the archery shop to to start tweaking either tonight or tomorrow night. Got my rest centered and sights readjusted yesterday in the backyard, so I'll start with the tuning when I get the bow press.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Anyone have any help with total arrow weight? Right now I'm sitting at 404 gr for total arrow weight with a 9% FOC. Any suggestions on total arrow weight and FOC? I haven't shot my bow through a chrono, but its a Bowtech Insanity CPX (355 IBO), 28" draw, shooting a release, with a D-loop and peep sight. I'm trying to decide if it is worth adding the extra weight to get my FOC up and possibly increase penetration. Will the higher FOC help with broadhead tuning or will the 9% be good enough for the arrow to correct itself in flight? I'm also shooting Blazers with a wrap.