Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I agree. This shouldn't even be an issue. I'm surprised to see it on this forum, as it is mainly a talking point for anti-hunting groups.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    I agree. This shouldn't even be an issue. I'm surprised to see it on this forum, as it is mainly a talking point for anti-hunting groups.
    +1

With all the anti stuff going on there is no reason for us to argue amongst ourselves about something this trivial.

Thanks
    To me ethics on this subject is as long as the odds are in the animals favor, which i have seen bears wind hunters or baits not set up clean and they won't come in because of human scent, one comment that was brought up and i just have to throw in is food plots. In my opinion it is not unethical i guess, but i don't think those animals should be allowed in the record books, humans are now making the trophy not mother nature

Thanks
    I agree Elkoholic and T43, hunters need to stick together not argue about whether what other hunters are doing is ethical or not. Same goes with all the issues mentioned by MI-address-ROCKYMTN-heart. I have made a couple comments on this forum against long range shooting but now I realize that these are personal choices every hunter has to make and as long as they are legal it is not for me to judge. There are so many anti-hunting animal rights groups out there fighting against us that we can't afford to lose any of the rights we have right now. That being said I think all hunters need to work at representing hunting in a good light to the non-hunting community in order to insure we can enjoy this sport in the future.
    On a side note Wyoming just passed a bill stating that hunting, fishing and trapping are a right and not a privilege so that is pretty awesome.

Thanks
    I'm not against it where it's legal, but the only way I'll ever hunt bears is spot-and-stalk. Maybe it's because that's all I've ever known(MT doesn't allow baiting or hounds), but I love it that way. Baiting to me just sounds too 'easy'. I understand it takes work to set up bait sites and that following hounds is hard, but most of the work is being done by someone(hounds) or something(peanut butter and marshmallows) else. JMO.
    Last edited by ceby7; 04-10-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    I recognized long ago that if I have a warehouse full of guns, but no public land or public wildlife, I have nothing!

Thanks
    Even if you have bears hitting your bait, you can't make them come in during shooting hours.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.