Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Ron's Oregon Tag Draw Percentages

    For those of you that have'nt viewed this site check it out.....

    https://sites.google.com/site/oregontags/

    Very informative but depressing!
    Last edited by halfslam; 01-05-2014 at 05:55 PM.
    Jarhead

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to halfslam For This Useful Post:

    OregonJim (02-19-2014)

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halfslam View Post
    For those of you that have'nt viewed this site check it out.....

    https://sites.google.com/site/oregontags/

    Very imformative but depressing!

    Yeah it can be depressing but it is exciting seeing that I am in the points pool for my elk tag

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    842
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 128 Times in 110 Posts
    Ron's site is the main reason I started applying for out of state hunts last year. Oregon just can't fuel my fire.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    304
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 58 Times in 42 Posts
    That is truly depressing as a nonresident. I didn't know that about the outfitters tags. Thanks for the info.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua River, Oregon
    Posts
    1,722
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 271 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    Ron's site is the main reason I started applying for out of state hunts last year. Oregon just can't fuel my fire.
    The main reason I started applying out of state 30 years ago, is because Oregon has crummy hunting.

    In all fairness antelope, sheep and goat are great, as are half a dozen of elk hunts and one or two deer hunts.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    842
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 128 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    The main reason I started applying out of state 30 years ago, is because Oregon has crummy hunting.

    In all fairness antelope, sheep and goat are great, as are half a dozen of elk hunts and one or two deer hunts.
    I'm a slow learner UH

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    The main reason I started applying out of state 30 years ago, is because Oregon has crummy hunting.

    In all fairness antelope, sheep and goat are great, as are half a dozen of elk hunts and one or two deer hunts.
    I wish my parents would of been putting me in for multiple states when I was a kid so that I could of already drawn some good out of state hunts

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua River, Oregon
    Posts
    1,722
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 271 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deer View Post
    I wish my parents would of been putting me in for multiple states when I was a kid so that I could of already drawn some good out of state hunts
    I've got kids who already have 10 points in certain states. Arizona for example is a really affordable to apply kids in.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    McCook, Nebraska
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Kids

    I have grandsons that I plan to purchase points for in every western state. Oldest is 9 and loves to hunt. I enjoy taking them more than if I have the tag. Wish I had started earlier but everyone knows about hind sight.

    UH, sent you a PM but said your mailbox was full.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Oregon
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    I've got kids who already have 10 points in certain states. Arizona for example is a really affordable to apply kids in.
    I will for sure be doing it for my kids

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Oregon Plans?
    By The Deer in forum Oregon
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 09:33 PM
  2. DIY Oregon
    By ICEMAN3 in forum Oregon
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 07:44 AM
  3. Oregon Draw Reults Are Up
    By Springer in forum Oregon
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 03:30 PM
  4. 2011 Oregon Draw Results Are Out!
    By Umpqua Hunter in forum Utah
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 11:55 PM
  5. Oregon Blacktails
    By Umpqua Hunter in forum Blacktail, Coues' and Whitetail
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 10:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •