Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSZ View Post
    This got me digging around on that again, look up "USFS","Pack Test" on google, in a forum, they were saying the fastest recorded time is like 34 minutes, without running.
    I was booking it, I can't imagine walking much faster. 34 minutes? That had to be someone that's like 6 foot 11 with a huge stride.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    I was booking it, I can't imagine walking much faster. 34 minutes? That had to be someone that's like 6 foot 11 with a huge stride.

That's what I was thinking when I read that...I don't think my legs could move that fast without me tripping over myself.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    the insanity dvd's work
    They do if done as the video. I did it non-stop for 90days before going on a hunt and ended up having to help another guy pack 4 bulls out from over 12k' after packing my wife's buck out that AM. It took a little while but wasn't sore the next day.

Doe Nob, if you get bored one day and want to add to your interval running, mix in 4m (20s rep/10s rest) sets of:

alternating front squats & back squats - minute break
    push-ups - minute break
    Jump tucks- minute break
    Dips- minute break
    Hold a plank (weighted if necessary)as long as you can

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    You guys are all inspiring! I was training hard everyday until last week when I found out why my progression has been so discouraging. I could not figure out why I was not improving on my running distance or times and why the weights were continually kicking my a$$. I have Mono. Explains the aches and constant fatigue. Can't wait for this crap to leave my system. I'm still eating healthy but as for working out, am just walking my dog. Fished a canyon on Friday and was wiped out afterward. I'm 34 and have always been a bear but right now I've never felt weaker in my life. Keep hammerin' guys and gals and I'll be back in game shortly!
    mono is bad news. I missed 2 months of my senior year of high school. I grew up on a dairy farm and was in very good shape. Lost 15 pounds. It took me about 6 months to fully recover.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I stay in marginal shape with weekend activities. I usually spend every saturday morning on my 10 deg incline trying to shake the flat spot from my rear end from the work week. I was blessed with good metabolism. I can get after it a couple days a week back and forth from an incline and a bowflex, and start shedding extra pounds. I am one of those bad knees people. Running is out, and downhills are tough. I have to go quite a while on this other equipment to really get some good cardio.

funny:
    Last night I spent an hour or so stepping on and off the digital scale to get weights on a bunch of my gear. My wife reminded me that if i would lose a little more of my fat @#$, I wouldn't need to buy all of this expensive lightweight gear. I told her I need both, and to quit picking on me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-27 13.21.53.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	5494

Went out this morning for a run. MEANT to do 5km around a loop I know well in the cities river valley. Felt good at the bridge I usually cross at the far end of my loop so I thought 'the next bridge is only a few blocks, I can stretch this run out a bit'......... famous last words.

Missed the turnoff to the next bridge......

Got to the next bridge and crossed. Still felt ok so I ran back. Got most of the way back to where I usually cross back to go home. Feeling tired but I powered through and pushed it home.

My 5km run ended up being 14.4km (nearly 9 miles) and took me 87min.

Learned I can go farther than I thought, and I shouldn't wear that old shirt anymore when I run. Hurts more than my legs.

Bow season opens in 120 days. Worth the pain!!!

Next week I start running with my pack. That will suck more.

Any recommendations for a new shirt?
    People in SUV's and suburbs will kill more game animals than a man with a bow, ever could.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sure! say this on the next shirt.

I CAN RUN TO THE NEXT BRIDGE

Thanks
    Congratulations
    well i am on the injured reserve list. Had a hard landing on a snowmobile jump. great air though. And than 2 days later climbing into the back of the pickup truck to do a dump run, my knee popped, but not the good kind. Hurts to walk and such. Hopefully just a minor set back, as i am supposed to be sheep hunting in the wrangells this september.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 48 Times in 6 Posts
    Since my nephew was doing great in school I bought him and myself a gym membership. (In the beginning I thought I made a mistake!!) I have been at the Gym for 2 hours-three days a week since before Christmas. The first two months were tough and I started out slow. But now I am enjoying it. I start by warming up on the Elliptical for ten minutes then do 90 flights on the Stair master machine. We then move to weight machines and free weights for a hour or so. I am not trying to build to much muscle but really doing the weights for strength and stamina. At the end we do 100 pulls on the rowing machine then three miles on the bike. I have lost 9 lbs and 15 is my goal. Also been eating better. I did a lot of Turkey chasing and filming this spring so that was a good thing. I will be putting on the pack soon to do some 5-10 mile hikes. Guys I will tell you this much the older you get the tougher it gets!!!! Wont be long before archery season is here. Mark
    Last edited by 25contender; 05-24-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    if you've never tried....battling ropes. best core workout I've ever done, not to mention cardio from hell, youtube the workouts. it will change the way you look at low impact cardio workouts. PS...you will hate every minute of it, if you try it.