Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I too have found many mistakes in the MRS. The mistakes fall into a few categories: 1) mistakes or omissions in statistics or other information related to state regulations 2) speculative and/or misleading or erroneous information about areas

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I found a few in the Washington mrs as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    no worries, just wanted to point it out, I was going to charge it, ie, online, but paper apps are not an option.

and yes residents can do online but not non-res, which is BS IMO. The excuse CO once told me was that CC can't handle the 1500 charge etc... and I said well NM does it just fine with a 3k charge...

honestly I think they're trying to keep non-res from applying, ie requiring paper apps and cash up front vs. a credit card, which I don't exactly mind, but I would have 6 moose,sheep, goat points by now vs. 0.

I just got excited for moose online this year for a moment was all.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    no worries, just wanted to point it out, I was going to charge it, ie, online, but paper apps are not an option.

and yes residents can do online but not non-res, which is BS IMO. The excuse CO once told me was that CC can't handle the 1500 charge etc... and I said well NM does it just fine with a 3k charge...

honestly I think they're trying to keep non-res from applying, ie requiring paper apps and cash up front vs. a credit card, which I don't exactly mind, but I would have 6 moose,sheep, goat points by now vs. 0.

I just got excited for moose online this year for a moment was all.
    Here is what I hear is the reason for paper apps for NR. Because nr tags are quite expensive, and credit card companies charge between 2 and 3% fee for every transaction, and if you did not draw and you got your money back except for the application fee , then Colorado would be out money because of the credit card fee amount that they would have had to pay and then give your money back to you. This did not come from anyone with the DOW but it makes perfect sense. But this begs the question as to why in the hell don't they charge you a little more to cover the credit card fee and let people apply online. The money they lose from people not applying should make up for it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    $1954 x 3 ( goat, sheep, moose) is $5862 x .025( 2.5% credit card charge ) $146.55 I think this is why they want paper apps.

Eastmans' Staff / Forum Administrator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey guys, sorry that some of you are disappointed in some things that have occurred in the MRS this year. Know that we take the criticism to heart and learn from the feedback. I wish we could go back and fix things when they happen, but that's what happens in print. All I can tell you is that I will personally do what I can to make it better.

Here's the response from Brandon Mason, who wrote the Colorado MRS...

Hey guys, it sounds like there are some misunderstandings because of some information in the MRS. On page 76 of the March/April issue of EBJ in the MRS there is a paragraph that talks about Online Applications. The paragraph was a little too vague on my part. It should have said "To apply for deer, elk, and antelope online, visit Colorado's website at wildlife.state.co.us."

On the same page in the Paper Applications paragraph, I neglected to mention that when applying for moose, mountain goat, and sheep, you have to submit a paper application since these "trophy species" can't be applied for online. Paper applications must be postmarked by April 2, which is the application deadline.

Thanks for looking closely at the information we provide and I apologize for the lack of clarity that lead some to believe you could apply for the "trophy species" online. We appreciate the heads up and you keeping us on our toes!

Good luck in the draws!

Brandon Mason

Thanks,

Adam
    Adam Bender

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hey guys, sorry that some of you are disappointed in some things that have occurred in the MRS this year. Know that we take the criticism to heart and learn from the feedback. I wish we could go back and fix things when they happen, but that's what happens in print. All I can tell you is that I will personally do what I can to make it better.

Here's the response from Brandon Mason, who wrote the Colorado MRS...

Hey guys, it sounds like there are some misunderstandings because of some information in the MRS. On page 76 of the March/April issue of EBJ in the MRS there is a paragraph that talks about Online Applications. The paragraph was a little too vague on my part. It should have said "To apply for deer, elk, and antelope online, visit Colorado's website at wildlife.state.co.us."

On the same page in the Paper Applications paragraph, I neglected to mention that when applying for moose, mountain goat, and sheep, you have to submit a paper application since these "trophy species" can't be applied for online. Paper applications must be postmarked by April 2, which is the application deadline.

Thanks for looking closely at the information we provide and I apologize for the lack of clarity that lead some to believe you could apply for the "trophy species" online. We appreciate the heads up and you keeping us on our toes!

Good luck in the draws!

Brandon Mason

Thanks,

Adam
    Thanks guys for your response to this thread.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    $1954 x 3 ( goat, sheep, moose) is $5862 x .025( 2.5% credit card charge ) $146.55 I think this is why they want paper apps.
    BKC, as a non-res, I have no complaints on how Colorado dose there paper apps for moose, goat and sheep. I would rather front the money by check, or money order. Rather than pay a 2-3% card charge every year. That would start getting expensive really quick.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    BKC....I think you are right on on the transaction fees being the issue.

I think NM may skirt the transaction fees on unsuccessful applications by refunding back to the credit card, rather than sending a refund check.

There must be a mechanism for recovery of transaction fees with credit cards. If not, every time an item is bought then returned (e.g. you buy jeans at a store and return them), there would be 2% or so lost by the merchant on each returned transaction. I am thinking a recovery of transaction fees must be in place when the fee is refunded.

Not sure though???
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)