Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana grows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Hell we might have a lot of them in the Nat Forest now that it's legal here in Colorado!!!
    Probably will. We have them in the middle of corn fields and pine tree plantations here in PA. And it's not legal here. We've found them in both areas. Local police were pleased to get the locations but I never heard if anyone was prosecuted. Crop was watched in both instances and later destroyed. Police find them occasionally by air. I can't imagine how frequent it happens close to the Mexican border.

Thanks
    I think the growers ought to be treated like wolves! S S S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    It's all over the place in most of my deer areas. I shot a buck with my bow once and it actually died IN a grow near the bottom of a canyon. You get used to it, and honestly it's not nearly as scary as the TV shows make it sound. Not that it should be taken lightly, but friends end up in or near them while hunting every year and they've never had an issue.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurArcher View Post
    It's all over the place in most of my deer areas. I shot a buck with my bow once and it actually died IN a grow near the bottom of a canyon. You get used to it, and honestly it's not nearly as scary as the TV shows make it sound. Not that it should be taken lightly, but friends end up in or near them while hunting every year and they've never had an issue.
    Wow that's just crazy!

Thanks
    I have never run into one, but won't be surprised if I do. Idaho is getting well known for massive grow sites in remote locations. I have seen a few of those pot cops shows. They say they always burn the grow once they collect it all. So.....do they stand in a circle while it burns? Lol
    I hunt because........

Thanks
    Haven't found one myself, but my dad crawled into a big grow site in the early 90's while deer hunting. He said there wasn't anything there but a large drip system. It was in late October and he left the site rather quickly!

Thanks
    Found a bunch on the farm years ago, small plants, but when I called the sheriff, he questioned me like they were mine. I was a little miffed. It's an uneasy feeling, thinking you are somewhere you shouldn't be.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I was watching POT COPS and they keep saying how they find a lot of these grows by hunters stumbling acrossed them while out hunting. I have never come acrossed one but most of my hunting is done her in Nv so I assume the weather is to dry. Has anyone ever come across anything like this?
    Too dry?!? They find water to grow with. Then irrigate from miles away. There has been several huuge bust in carpenter canyon/wheeler pass/ mt charleston area. Those are my stomping grounds. In the 10s of thousands of plant type of busts. I wouldn't want to bump into one. Especially that close to sin city. Im typically armed with a spotter and my dog. Neither one of which would help much. There around you. Im sure. Just like those 220" bucks that randy ulmer takes yearly. They hide in the shadows

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Too dry?!? They find water to grow with. Then irrigate from miles away. There has been several huuge bust in carpenter canyon/wheeler pass/ mt charleston area. Those are my stomping grounds. In the 10s of thousands of plant type of busts. I wouldn't want to bump into one. Especially that close to sin city. Im typically armed with a spotter and my dog. Neither one of which would help much. There around you. Im sure. Just like those 220" bucks that randy ulmer takes yearly. They hide in the shadows

Funny thing is I do know where some of those bucks are but no grows. I'm sure you are rite tho. I bet they are around.

Thanks
    I was hunting SW Oregon last year and a guy was showing me his "honey hole" on Google Earth, and he said "oh wow those are my pot plants, I didn't realize you could see them so well"....lol
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1996 YT), Fannin (1997 YT), Bighorn (1998 CO Unit S-26), Stone (1995 BC), Desert (2001 NV Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 WY Unit 5)