Thanks

Need Help! - Groves Spitfire bow information

Hi all,

This is my first time posting here and I'm looking for some help. My Dad was an advid bow hunter for his whole life and he unexpectedly passed away 2 months ago at the age of 54. Anyways, I never got into bow hunting and my mom has asked me to sell my Dad's bows. I don't know anything about this one in particular and I was hoping you all could help me with age, price and maybe some ideas on where I could sell it.

The bow is a Groves Spitfire Magnum. 50# @ 28 in, Serial Number 4595-2, 60 in

It does not have a string on it and it is in great condition. No cracks, scratches and it is not bent. Could someone help me on this? I'm having a very hard time finding a lot of information about this bow. I know it was made by Harold Graves out of New Mexico and he is famous for holding a distance record that still stands from 1964 I think it was. I could find plenty about him, but not much about this bow. Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    There are a handfull of them for sale on Ebay.

Thanks
    Yeah, I looked there but none are the exact same specs. Some have heavier draws, some are longer, etc. And without knowing more about the bow, I don't know if it's one of the $50 or $500 ones.

Thanks
    My advice would be don't sell it. My father passed away at 54 and I wouldn't dream of selling his bow. It is something I can always look at to remind me of the good times we once had out bow hunting together.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Oh, I'm still keeping his other bow that he shot his big Bull Elk with for that very reason as well as a ton of his other hunting stuff. This one doesn't hold any sentimental value to me or my mom. That's why we're trying to sell it.

Thanks
    I would be interested in the bow if the condition is good and the price is right. Any chance you could email me some pics. I currently shoot a 46# Groves that is 60". I am a Bear and Howatt man but I like how the Groves shoots.

Thanks,
    DRM