Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've worn contacts for 19 years now and I'm 31. I now use Focus Dailies, simply throw away at night and put in a new pair in the morning. It's a simple, no hassle, solution that always lends itself to having an extra pair or two around (plus my eyes are equally as terrible, so I don't have to worry about different prescriptions for each eye). I have slept with them in a night or two, but I would bet an eye doctor would tell you not to.
    The one thing that I would offer up is to ALWAYS carry some sort of eye drops when out away from town for any period of time (whether you wear lenses, or not). A few years ago I was hunting Coues in Sonora, MX. We stayed in a camp miles from town and a long way from U.S. eye doctors. I got something in my eye one day (thankfully the day after I shot my buck); a piece of ocatillo or something. Whatever it was, I could not see out of my eye for the next day and a half. My eye swelled up like a heavyweight boxer that was on the wrong end of a big swing. Thankfully, one of the hunters in our group brought eye drops as he is a woodworker that always gets sawdust in his eyes. If I was wearing glasses, would they have protected my eyes? I don't know. A coworker of mine years ago who had a fairly strong prescription, always complained of crosshairs in scopes not lining up right and sometimes even seeing double because of his glasses.
    So, like all things, there are probably pros and cons to both. Fortunately, most eye doctors typically have "sample packs" of contacts that they will normally let you try (free of charge other than the $ for the visit). You might try that and see what you think.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 2 Posts
    Other possible contact brands are Acuvue Oasis or Bausch & Lomb PureVision 2. I started with Acuvue, and loved them. Then the cute assistant challenged me to wear the Bausch and Lomb ones for a month. I took the challenge and realized they were better for my dry eyes. I too, take them out at night cause majority of the time if I slept in them they are extremely dry and uncomfortable when I wake up. This normally is cured with a few drops. I have two buddies that will wear their Acuvue Oasis' for months at a time, never taking them out. I just find its better to let my eyes "breath" throughout the evening and night, keeping them from being so dry. When I know when my next hunting trip is, I will pop a new pair in the first morning and can go a few days without taking them out when the contacts are fresh. Like I said, a few drops in the morning and I'm good to go. I always have a extra pair in my survival kit, sometimes 2 pairs if I know the trip may be long.