Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi groc426 good to see another IF hunter on here. Since it's warmed up here a bit, good time to get out and into the woods. We'll have to check back and see if either of us have any luck in finding a bear. I try and use the time to scout for the fall hunts too. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey meathunter, just wondering if you've had a chance to get out. Hit it quite a bit this weekend and saw nothing (not even a deer). Saw lots of game sign, except for bear. I think the area I'm looking at doesn't have enough green at the moment, despite there being no snow on the southern slopes. This might also explain the lack of other game. I was hoping with a creek running nearby that there would be something hanging around, but unfortuanately I was wrong.

Next strategy is to find where other game animals are hanging at, then look for bears in the same, general area. Perhaps this is a dumb idea? I don't know.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Spot and stalk hunting is pretty tuff. I prefer to lure them in with some tasty treats. You don't need much just some good smellin stuff to entice them. There are a ton of hound hunters in your area and they really push the bears into being completely nocturnal. Keep at it and good luck. PM me if ya get a chance.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    T.S. Allen - That may have been one of our problems as well, we started too early and headed home before the last hour of daylight. Still had a blast going out. I may have to try bait, but I feel like I'm too late in the game right now trying to get stuff together for it and feed the site. I may have to try an overnight trip to get back in the wood from everyone, but not sure how successful that will be.

Also sent you a P.M.