Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscsg View Post
    PW However after my hunt I told Bill Perry I was disappointed that the guide didn't push us hard enough to get to more animals because of crybaby. Bill basically said he wanted to do whatever it takes to make it up to me and make me happy. So I'm going back to hunt with him in 2014. Bill is a standup guy and his guides, cook, wrangler, camp jack, etc. are top notch.
    I sure didn't have the same experience as you did. After I got home and thought about my hunt with him, I wrote him a long letter explaining my dissatisfaction with the hunt. I waited a couple of months and called him and left a message. I never heard a word out of him. It was like I didn't even exist. I am sure the elk hunting in the past was superb, but today I have my doubts. It is awsome country and was a real adventure. But for the money, I have found a number of other options that will get the job done for me.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by deer615 View Post
    The biggest lesson that I learned was to ask for references that did not harvest an animal. Some Other outfitters have buddies listed on their reference list. Talking to someone who did not harvest an animal but feels that the outfitter performed and the land was quality (or the oposite), will give you an accurate opinion.
    One problem with references is that outfitters seem to only put positive reviews on their website. I've asked for references in the past and got a list that had nothing but glowing things to say. You don't often hear about the negative side of it!

There are places on the internet that review outfitters and give what is reported to them....good & bad. One is www.nexthunt.com , it is a pay site (about 30-35 dollars). I subscribed to it. The only problem is that a lot of the outfitters that I tried to get info on were not on their site. Places like this Forum help a lot.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Whenever I've booked a guided hunt, I ask for references. I also advise I want references from at least three people who didn't fill their tags. If they won't provide that info, hang up and move on...