Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks

Any 264wm believers out there?

A bit more load testing today. This was the best of the day 5 shot @100
    Center was 1st shot I think it was me.

Thanks
    Even with the flier it's still a pretty nice group! I have been watching this thread with interest since you started it. I picked up a fairly early push feed M70 in .264 about the time you started yours. I have been working with the 140 grain bullets so far, I would like to try the Accubond long range but I haven't seen them yet. Mine has a 24" barrel that I will replace with something longer and heavier when it's time to swap barrels. I just put a Hogue stock on mine and topped it off with a 4.5-14 Leupold MK4 PR. My goal is an 8" steel plate at 880 yards. If I can get a good load worked up in time I will take it pronghorn hunting this fall!

Bob

Thanks

Any 264wm believers out there?

Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    Even with the flier it's still a pretty nice group! I have been watching this thread with interest since you started it. I picked up a fairly early push feed M70 in .264 about the time you started yours. I have been working with the 140 grain bullets so far, I would like to try the Accubond long range but I haven't seen them yet. Mine has a 24" barrel that I will replace with something longer and heavier when it's time to swap barrels. I just put a Hogue stock on mine and topped it off with a 4.5-14 Leupold MK4 PR. My goal is an 8" steel plate at 880 yards. If I can get a good load worked up in time I will take it pronghorn hunting this fall!

Bob
    We have had much better luck with 130 lately. We tried like hell to make the 140's tight because a buddy bought a bunch for his creedmore that did not work out very well and he offered to give them to me. Here is a pic of yesterdays loads. All with reloader 22. the sgk 130 did great. but the pic in yesterdays post was the 130 black tip. And setting the pills out as far as possible made a drastic difference also. 60.5 is looking like the magic #. The recent pics are with me behind the trigger. Mind you I haven't shot a rifle in a couple years since I started bowhunting. My confidence is thru the roof!
    Last edited by hardstalk; 08-19-2013 at 04:10 AM.

Thanks
    Your confidence should be high. Time to practice some field shooting and then get ready to hunt.

Thanks
    Love my 264 win mag. Shoots well also.
    Last edited by Codave101; 11-30-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Codave101 View Post
    Love my 264 win mag. Shoots well also.
    Identical to mine before the rebuild. Except mine had 3 generations of abuse to the stock and wasn't in nearly as good of shape.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    We have had much better luck with 130 lately. We tried like hell to make the 140's tight because a buddy bought a bunch for his creedmore that did not work out very well and he offered to give them to me. Here is a pic of yesterdays loads. All with reloader 22.
    Thanks, I'll have to give the 130s a try. Nice shooting rifle!

Bob