Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Montana Goat

Thanks
    Ceby7 nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    You guys are harsh... I've drawn 4 goat tags and 2 ram tags and hope to draw a few more before drawing my daisy pushing tag! Last year I drew my 4th goat tag and turned it in for a non-refund to keep my points as I had to work too much to do the hunt justice. She did look at me a little strange at the dow office "You're turning a GOAT tag in?? " yep heres my sign... 3 weeks later the boss fired me, I might do that a bit differently if I could have a do-over!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    You guys are harsh... I've drawn 4 goat tags and 2 ram tags...
    Wow! That's impressive! How many different states did all those tags come from? Just curious.

Thanks
    My guess is two are CO, and MT. Easier to draw. ID is a long shot, and NV, and Wy a even longer shot. Unless he went to AK, or BC.

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    I believe ID is not near a long shot on drawing those tags. Moose is very doable all over the state. The main thing about Idaho is, If i decide to put in for Moose, Sheep, or Goat, Not only can I ONLY put in for 1 of the 3, But then I also CANNOT put in for any controlled deer or elk hunt that year. So people have to decide between putting in for 1 of the big 3, or trying to draw a good elk or deer tag. It definitely keeps the numbers down and the draw odds possible. Granted the lack of preference points doensnt help Non-res or even Residents who don't draw...I cant complain, i drew Sheep my first year putting in...But sometimes being dang lucky cant hurt either

Thanks
    All were colorado I've drawn others (1 ram tag ) in another state and my princess drew 2 more goat and 1 more ram in this state. Most is doing the research (in the old days when it required more than the click of a mouse) to find sleeper units. 2 goat tags were with 0 points archery hard -to-hunt area. 2 ram tags were with minimum points (3) archery in obscure units. It all led to 4 rams on the wall and 2 goats. 1 goat tag was literally un-hunted, one got short shrift as my princess prioritized our wedding as more important. 1 goat got turned in as mentioned above. With a bit more effort we could have a wall full of very expensive mounts, as it is it's still very nice. Hunt 'em if you draw 'em ceby 7 in what seems like a few weeks you'll be old and fat and talking about when you could get up and climb all day and shoot them in the eye with a slingshot from 400 yards... I'm pretty sure that's how I got mine.