I totally agree with LO on this. For the average guy who is looking to improve the quality of his footage without selling his truck to pay for it, the T3i is tough to beat. It basically has the same internal video components as the Canon 7D and they added manual audio functions. The Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 is one of the best lenses (at any price) that you can buy for a crop sensor camera. I would say that you might want to consider the 50mm 1.8 as well, It's not the brickhouse that the 1.4 is but for much less money it is hard to beat. With an SLR your biggest issue is going to be getting those long distance shots, your most affordable option would be to just make due the the 55-250mm kit lens because a quality telephoto zoom lens is going to cost you a small fortune.

The biggest thing that you can do to enhance the quality of your video is to start shooting everything off of a tripod, glide cam, or slider. Some of those shaky youtube hunts can almost make a guy seasick at times! The catch22 is that no one wants to carry heavy camera equipment on a backpack type hunt. Thats why 90% of hunting tv shows are filmed out of outfitter camps or lodges...