I definetely fit into the "want to do more than I can afford". I am in a great spot with a senior and a junior in high school. My hunting passion is quickly getting revived.

I am the solitary hunter, but love to hunt with my Brother and my Niece. I am a horrible shooter but i can sure find em. We have decided that my niece will run on my hip and finish the job. I am pretty good with that. I get just as much thrill just being part of it.

I am not a huge fan of horses, but getting passed up by a four wheeler or simply listening to one in the distance really gets me depressed.

I have found that most of the people I do run into in the backcountry are people like me, and we all have a mutual respect for one another. Whether we hike for miles from a base tent or a spike out, we are all putting out a huge effort for our passion. My brother and I spent an hour talking with a couple guys from Cali last year on top of Steens Mtn the day before the season opened. Good times!! You guys may be on the forum??