Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

NV MRS Mistake???

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Nevada have waiting periods after you draw a tag or are successful after a hunt? Assuming I'm reading the reg's correctly, I came up with the following:

Sheep and mountain goat- You cannot apply for 10 years after drawing a tag.
    Elk- If you draw a tag and are successful, you cannot apply for 10 years. If you are unsuccessful, the wait is 5 years.
    Pronghorn- If you shoot a buck with horns longer than its ears, you cannot apply for 5 years.
    Deer- No restrictions.

Somebody please confirm this or tell me that I am wrong. Also, as best I can tell, the MRS doesn't mention any of this unless I am missing it.

IKIC, DrHP and all you other NV guys- the rest of us need your input!
    Last edited by NDHunter; 04-08-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Your info is correct.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Correct, and if you draw an antelope horns longer than ears and are unsuccessful, you may apply again the following year (no waiting period).

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yep you are correct sir

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ok thanks fellas, I appreciate that.

So is that info included in the MRS? After I read the NV reg's, I went back and looked at the MRS but couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Something else that drives me nuts about the Nevada MRS is the fact that everything is written for non-res with nothing for residents. There are some great tags that aren't offered to non-res that go completely unmentioned...
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you would like additional info in the NV MRS or any MRS, why not send an email to Eastmans' and tell them the info you would like to see or give them the info you have?

The MRS sections have a huge amount of information, especially in the spreadsheets, and have to be a tremendous amount of work to put together each month. Eastmans' is on the forum pretty often asking for our input to make them better.

Since they have enough humility to ask for our help, help them out with an email instead of knocking them on the forum for "errors" that are simply additional information you would like to see or think ought to have been included.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hoshour For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    If you would like additional info in the NV MRS or any MRS, why not send an email to Eastmans' and tell them the info you would like to see or give them the info you have?

The MRS sections have a huge amount of information, especially in the spreadsheets, and have to be a tremendous amount of work to put together each month. Eastmans' is on the forum pretty often asking for our input to make them better.

Since they have enough humility to ask for our help, help them out with an email instead of knocking them on the forum for "errors" that are simply additional information you would like to see or think ought to have been included.

I can't agree more. They welcome any suggestions and if guys don't say anything they won't know.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well put hoshour!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post

Probably one of the most grounded, down to earth posts I have seen in a long time. Very good advice hoshour. America needs more folks with input like this. Positive, constructive, no hidden agenda. Thank you sir!
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!