Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

What does everyone do for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    Cattle grazing on pasture forages in comparison to feedlot Cattle. We're looking at the difference in weight in correlation to the Greenhouse Gas Emissions output. Very interesting project, my other studies have consisted of new varieties of Alfalfa, Birdsfoot Trefoil, Cicer Milkvetch and Meadow Brome as pasture forages in Organic Dairy settings and on small scale Beef operations.
    Sounds interesting. My BS and Masters are in Ag Econ. I had a lot of Animal Science too. Are you at UK?

I have to say I don't miss grad school. Getting out was like trading an 80 hour a week unpaid job in for a 40 hour well paid one. It felt like a vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paradox Packs
    Ultralight Hunting Backpacks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Grad with an Ind Engineering degree, a long time ago, and couldnt find a job. Now I am 6 months from retirement with the Federal Prison system. Then it is on, a whole lot of fishing and hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've worked for Oldcastle Materials going on 8 years. We produce aggregate materials, asphalt, and concrete in addition to heavy highway construction. I started with them right out of civil engineering school. While it is a big outfit, they are really good to work for. I started as an estimator but have moved up the ought the system to construction manager. Prior to this position, I was able to travel to all of our locations working on training and best practice implementation. 46 states in two years, fun but the travel got tough. I got to do a lot of scouting on my work trips out west. I've been luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I earned a civil engineering degree and went to work for the Missouri Dept of Transportation in KC right out of college. Spent my career as a highway designer and later as a project manager and Dept manager. While you can make more money as an engineer working for a consulting engineering firm, I was attracted to the Missouri DOT because of their very good benefits (including a very good retirement plan) and much better job stability than consulting firms. I retired last year after 28 years with the Missouri DOT. I got to do quite a bit of hunting and fishing last year and hopefully will be able to repeat that pattern over the next many years.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I served 13 years in the Air Force, traveled the world and all over the states. This equates to great contacts and hunting situations. I currently work for a large company based out of Salt Lake City that supports military operations across the globe. I am working satellite communications for a large Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. I believe the military is a great life. The pay isn't the best but you do get great benefits, lots of vacation time (on top of holidays) and it can set you up with a skill set that will pay you good once you are out of the service. You can land a contractor job, deploy overseas a few times and make really good money.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I joined the army when I was 18 mainly because I had no plans. I wasn't very interested in going to school and didn't feel like I had much of a chance at getting a decent job. I didn't enjoy it at first but looking back it was the best decision I've ever made. I've seen places of the world that I would never of dreamed of going and made countless friends that I'll have forever. 30 days of vacation comes in pretty handy around hunting season, plus I get at least one four day weekend every month.
    Bull Time

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Medical resident in internal medicine, done in June. Then I start fellowship in gastroenterology. It's been a long road, started med school in 2007. I'll finish fellowship in 2017 or 2018. I love my job and would never give it up but you have to get creative with your time. I shot my mn shotgun buck this year after climbing in the stand at 11am after a 30 hour overnight. I was tired but it was gun season and the rut was on. Basically the same story in Wisconsin.

My advice is do something you enjoy but never make any hobbies you're passionate about your job. Ask a guy who runs a fishing outfit if they go anywhere near the docks on their day off. They usually say no way. I chose something I liked that offered decent job and financial security with chance at retiring earlier in life and a flexible schedule later perhaps working less than "full time" but still make a living.

Great cross section of folks here. Lots of smart people with the engineers in ag, aerospace and other things. Takes lots of smarts and real world knowledge to do what most do on here.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Firefighter! Great job with time off to go hunting every season.
    Mathews Heli-m, 70 lb limbs, 29.5 draw, trophy ridge 7 pin sight, qad hdx rest, fuse 8 in stabilizer, g5 6 arrow quiver, cabelas stalker extreme arrow 4 in vanes, G-5 Montec 100 grain broadhead, tru-fire hardcore release

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Tire technician- passenger to OTR not my dream job but it pays the bills

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat

Thanks
    Congratulations
    32 years, Law Enforcement , Assistance Chief now ! I started young !