Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    coal miner, work half the year plus a months worth of vacation

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im a General Contractor. Hunt as much as I want. I also am a firefighter on wildland fires in the summer time. Harstalk has great advice. If you want to hunt more and work less, pay cash for stuff like vehicles and toys.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Park ranger/firefighter, busy time is Spring and Summer. Lots of vacation time and comp time for hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by kcaves View Post
    coal miner, work half the year plus a months worth of vacation
    Hows the cardio? Or is it a myth about what them msha folks say about coal miners?
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I work on power lines now. I am 26 years old and have since I was 19. I am from Montana and absolutely love hunting and use to sound a lot like you about I put hunting first then everything else behind it.

-----Let me tell you this unless you have an in at the local PUD or utility then go for it but if your planning on doing an apprenticeship through a normal contractor plan on giving up a lot of your life to TRAVELING and working TONS of hours. Yeah the money is great but 80% of the guys I work with are the same unhappy and multiple marriages alcoholics. Its a very tough tough life. You plan on doing all this hunting but then a project comes up and your working round the clock or if your an apprentice your a slave for 4 years never at home. Don't plan on being in a relationship for long unless its town to town yeah sounds fun for awhile chasing women town to town but it all gets old. As a union lineman you basically travel, work a ton, get stuck in bad places often meaning big cities, loose contact with friends family.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Operating Engineers for 26 years, 15 heavy equipment "finish blade operator", 5 as a site foreman and 4 as a general superintendent all for the same company. After all this the owner retired and dissolved the company. Went to work for another outfit a couple years ago as a working foreman..........2 years from retirement It's been a pretty good career, seasonal work has it's perks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I underwrite personal lines insurance for a high net worth carrier. I spend a lot of time in the office, but the hours are very flexible, and I get a ton of vacation. It's probably not an ideal job for the outdoor enthusiast, but then, it's 70 degrees every day, and it makes me enjoy my days outdoors even more.
    I also own rental properties, it's what I really enjoy, and will eventually build up my holdings to be able to do that full time. That might take a few years though..
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	196.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	5393worked for the small town family construction company since 8th grade during summers / winter breaks/spring break. Also waited tables through college. after I got my bachelors, I was an estimator, then an outside sales/project manager for a residental construction supply company for 7 almost 8 years. got sick of construction, so I am currently going back to school for a degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant. 1 more year left. Currently have a 4.0 in school, and my professors think I am doing wonderful in class, so I hope that once I graduate I will find a good job close to home! I work 3rd shift 30-40 hrs a week at an assisted living company for adults with mental handicaps. Watch my kids when I am not working or going to school. wife is a public school special education teacher for the last 10+ years. Hunt and fish as much as my schedule allows (which isnt much) here in Wisconsin. Doing at least 1 hunt out west every fall. Wyoming for mule deer in Region C this fall due to school constraints. Have some elk hunts planned for the future. some other hunts being planned as well. Love the state of wyoming. cant wait to smell the sage this coming october!
    Last edited by Ilovethewest; 04-08-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm a software architect working in the aerospace industry. Nice thing about software is there are plenty of jobs out there. I work from home 2 days a week. I've been at it for about 15 years. Like Colorado Cowboy, I get to work on some pretty cool "toys". Good money and I get 4 weeks vacation.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Journeyman Lineman. Love my job but it does tend to get in the way of hunting. It's hard work but rewarding. Many long shifts on storm work. Sometimes 120+ hour weeks. Depending on where you work lineman can easily make 200k a year.