Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm a resident physician training in emergency medicine. About to finish up my last year of residency. Excited because this next year will be the first time since I before kindergarten that I won't be a student. Got my first western bowhunt planned for September in Colorado.

I chose emergency medicine because of all the crazy interesting stuff but also because its shift work and I get days off in the week to be outdoors when everyone is at work and EM physicians usually work ~14 shifts a month. And there's no call so no one is paging or calling when I'm not working.

Hopefully I get to go on a couple more expensive hunts someday but I need to get rid of some of the student loan debt my wife and I have racked up. I like planning my own hunts and DIY style anyway. They have a greater value to me when I'm responsible for all that goes into it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovethewest View Post
    i thought there would be more medical profession people......but besides me in Physical Therapy world, I only remember 1 other person in the med field on this discussion board. I was kind of suprised by that!
    There's a reason for that. All the doctors, dentists, and chiropractors I know work crazy hard because of obligations to their patients. Best of luck in your PT career.
    I am a residential building contractor. For the most part I work by myself, using subcontractors when I need the extra help. Been in carpentry for about 18 years. Make a pretty good living. Whenever I take on a job in the fall, I always inform the customer that I may be absent for a month or so. I always put family and hunting before work. I have no ambition to be wealthy. I drive an old,reliable vehicle and live modestly. I usually go on 2-3 out of state hunts every year, and take the family on a Canadian fishing trip for 8-10 days every summer. It's a good life when you don't spend every minute chasing a dollar.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonArrow View Post
    It's a good life when you don't spend every minute chasing a dollar.
    So true, I wanted to use TRUE-DAT! But the little evil elf in the computer wouldn't let me go that short.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by eye in sky View Post
    Air traffic controller in Chicago. After 13 years in the Midwest, I get my wish. I'm moving to the Denver area this summer to live closer to where I can enjoy my hobbies more.
    Eye, You will love Colorado. We have everything to offer the outdoorsman. Your cleared for landing on 35 right.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
    I like planning my own hunts and DIY style anyway. They have a greater value to me when I'm responsible for all that goes into it.
    Greater value is the perfect description !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I work in health care...I work for a small cardiology practice where I do cardiac ultrasound. I like what I do and I make a good salary. I do not EVER want to work in a hospital again, as the politics are horrible, but I'm afraid in the not so distant future everyone who works in health care will work in a hospital or some other large corporate type environment. I'm hoping the practice I work for can survive 7-8 more years and then I can think about retiring. Some good things about working in health care-whether it's winter or summer, I stay warm, or cool, and dry (working outside is great as long as the weather is nice); there are usually not a lot of other people who are interested in the same things we are, so getting time off in the seasons we want is not much of a problem. The best thing I can say about working in health care is there will always be a demand for what we do, but the question in the future is going to be who are we going to be working for and will they pay us a decent salary.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Air traffic controller in Chicago. After 13 years in the Midwest, I get my wish. I'm moving to the Denver area this summer to live closer to where I can enjoy my hobbies more.
    Hey man, if you work in the Center I've mostly likely talked to you at some point on the radio. I fly for a regional airline and we are crisscrossing your airspace all the time. One of my biggest regrets is not taking ATC classes while I was in college and becoming a controller....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHunter View Post
    Hey man, if you work in the Center I've mostly likely talked to you at some point on the radio. I fly for a regional airline and we are crisscrossing your airspace all the time. One of my biggest regrets is not taking ATC classes while I was in college and becoming a controller....
    I work Chicago approach. Chances are if you've been to ORD or MDW, we've talked before. Did you go to UND? I work with a lot of people that did.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    After 10+ years working in contractor sales for the local lumber yard I now manage a retail outdoors shop that my friend opened about threee years ago. I don't know if it will ever make me rich but there is definitely somthing to be said for doing something you enjoy. As long as my family is comfortable I'm more than happy. My friends call it my hobby.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I work Chicago approach. Chances are if you've been to ORD or MDW, we've talked before. Did you go to UND? I work with a lot of people that did.
    I've been into MDW at least a dozen times I'm sure and ORD only once. And yes you are correct, I went to UND.