Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    Like your new gun laws?

Liberal Californian's already screwed up their state so they moved to Colorado to the do the same. Anyone remember the "Go Back to California" signs??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to buckbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Are those legislators and politicians in Colorado originally from Kail??? I think not. Don't blame other states for your own problems boys......it's a nationwide mentality now.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BOHNTR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am an electrician at a soda ash plant in southwestern wyoming. I work shift work and it is great. I only have to work half the month so it leaves alot of time to hunt. The money is great and the time off is even better. If I take my four day shifts off I get 14 days off. so I spend alot of time in the mountains. best job I could ever ask for.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbull View Post
    Liberal Californian's already screwed up their state so they moved to Colorado to the do the same. Anyone remember the "Go Back to California" signs??
    Yes...the first one I ever saw was in Oregon in th 70's! Been here in colorado fo 13 years and I'm sure as hell not liberal, so don't blame me and I don't live in Aspen or Boulder!!!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Went through a union apprenticeship for operating engineers. Shortly after making journeyman status got laid off due to lack of work. Was unemployed for a little over a year. Which got me and my girlfriend to pick up and move to colorado where her profession in commercial real-estate and property management had a lot of opportunity. I now operate a tigercat for a company that manufactures wood pellets and remediation products for the oil fields. It's not cutting or pushing dirt with a D9 but its work and I get four days a week off. Can't wait for opening day!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Lets not blame all the Californians who moved here. I'm one of them. Not native though. I was born and brought up in Mass.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    Lets not blame all the Californians who moved here. I'm one of them. Not native though. I was born and brought up in Mass.
    I'm not. Just the Liberal ones.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Another BIG piece of advice, the money you save towards retirement in your first 15 years working (20-35 years old) if invested well will go much much further than all the money saved in your next 30 years of working (35-65 years old). That is due to compounded interest. It's better to sacrifice a bit on the front end and enjoy the rewards on the back end.
    Solid, solid, solid advice. Dumping a little bit of cash into your 401K and hoping for the best isn't gonna get it either. We sink so much into investments/retirement savings, that at times, it seems ridiculous. But, I refuse to work for the man past the age of 50.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    self employed. own a retail furniture store in north idaho. Thankfully i have some really good employees.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am a very independent contract worker for the federal governemnt. I make my own schedule that includes regular travel across IL, WI, northeast MO, & UP of M. This allows me to combine a lot of hunting/fishing trips with my work & get my travel expenses paid for. I feel like I'm semi-retired and that is good because my trailer trash ex never paid one bill of our 3 sons or herself in 20 years, never contributed to one mortgage payment, gas/electric bill, food bill, clothing bill, or anything else. **** tanked her systems analyst career and 4 year bachelor's degree. Gov't threw all my land development money at her. Hid the the $500,000 she stole and now lives off gov't programs at your expense. Oh ya she manipulated and controlled my 3 sons, moved them to TX. The parasite steals her last support payment from me in 3 weeks. The gravy train will end but the horse is out of the barn. So I won't have a real retirement. Other than that it's all good.
    Last edited by Zim; 04-18-2013 at 06:20 AM.