Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I am hitting 45 this year. I am a PM for a moderate sized steel fabricator in Clackamas OR. I can't stress enough the tidbits from Umpqua Hunter. My wife and I of 24 years(I think) had a lot of fun and no kids for the 5 years, and continued spending freely for the next 15. I made lots of OT money and didn't heed the warnings of my Gramma(and others) to "do something with it". I will likely work until I can't. We say it is because we love the work, but let's be honest and say it is because we have to.

Thanks
    Hello Folks! New to the forum, but I have been reading posts for quite some time. This thread struck my interest so I thought I might add to it. I have been fortunate enough to make my living as a wildlife biologist in western SD for the past 3+ years now. I'm certainly not getting rich in this profession but I get to spend every working day on the prairies I grew up on working with private landowners to create or enhance habitat for the benefit of the critters, and it's the most rewarding I have ever done (not to mention all the scouting opportunities)! I get to spend a fair amount of time in the field, however I have been blessed with a loving and understandable wife and 2 wonderful young kids so it's not as much as I had once hoped. My wife and son both hunt and although my daughter is only 3 says she can't wait to go either so I guess life ain't too bad-unless they all share my dreams for dall sheep hunts!

Thanks
    I've retired from the modular manufacturing business. Sort of like building a house indoors. Started out as an electrician, worked my way through all of the line jobs to become assistant production mgr then plant mgr. Learned enough about the trade to start up three plants and close down two different ones. Bought some shares in my last start up and then the company was sold to a Hugh corporation. Made out ok. Always had vacation that I took the kids on and if it wasn't hunting or fishing related, we would go to Disney or a kid themed affair. Always make time for your family, you'll not regret it. They grow up too fast. Now my wife goes with me just about every adventure I'm on. Of course, I'm not as young as I used to be and the boys are not always along to watch over me.
    This all came after 12 hrs working for J&L Steel and a few years at the coal tipple, small engine repair, tv repair. Life is truly like a box of chocolates. I've certainly had enough variety in mine

Thanks
    I'm half owner of a branch of a small mortgage company... but at one time or another have done almost everything. Been a roofer (til I fell off my second roof), a plumbing and heating apprentice, owned a restaurant and a landscaping company, worked several retail jobs, bartended, cut meat, mason's apprentice (mud rat and brick schlepper) and my favorite job was working in the gym industry for almost 6 years, when I was young, single, and half crazy! (also where I met my wife). When I look back it seems I've had four or five entirely different lives!

Thanks
    I'm a utility systems operator. We do water distribution, wastewater collection and wastewater treatment for an approx 5000 sewer hookup area. Done a little of everything construction/pipelayinh, rock crushing, logging farming and a free lance cowboy when i get the opportunity. Only thing I love almost as much as hunting is the smell of sweaty horses and cattle

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beav906 View Post
    Only thing I love almost as much as hunting is the smell of sweaty horses and cattle
    I hear you partner, can't imagine life without horses & cattle! Of course when I go out west hunting I take my mules.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Twenty plus years running/owning charter boats and finally sold them and doing real estate full time.Fortunatly I still get some fill in captain work that pays for my hunting habitwithout hitting the household income.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MAKAIRA View Post
    Twenty plus years running/owning charter boats and finally sold them and doing real estate full time.Fortunatly I still get some fill in captain work that pays for my hunting habitwithout hitting the household income.
    MAKAIRA, I lived above Sea Cliff beach one winter while I took a year off college. A beautiful place but I never quite caught the ocean bug. Santa Cruz to Gilroy was a nice place to ride my motorcycle. A beautiful place for sunsets.

Thanks
    BKC it is a beautiful place for sure!Great fishing in the area for salmon,albacore,white seabass,halibut,and the rockfish but it is tough to find a place to hunt.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MAKAIRA View Post
    The two best days of owning a boat or boats the day you bought it and the day you sold it.
    Trying like hell to live the dream