Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cacklercrazy View Post
    I pull ta-ta's for a living, I'm a dairyman.
    I pretty much grew up on a dairy farm, grandpa's place and I lived next door. Not a big operation, usually between 30-40 brown swiss cows with anywhere between 20 and 30 heifers. Definitely a tough job to find time to hunt!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by olderguy View Post
    Retired Farm Equipement Dealer, Worked to much, hunted to little, whitetail every year, started elk hunting 2 years ago, no luck yet. haven't fired a shot, maybe this year. I started hunting when we could take our shotgun to school, put it in your locker and hunt as soon as school let out. We would be on national news if we tried that now, what went wrong?
    Well they took God out of schools....not like parents take time to fit Him in there much these days and politicians are turning heros into monsters. If they keep it up in two generations no child is going to want to be a soldier, cop, or hunter. Guns are bad right?
    I hunt because........

Thanks
    I have been working for myself since 1985. That gives me a little free time during hunting season.
    Last edited by 25contender; 06-20-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks
    Diesel Tech at a Ford Dealership been here 14 years working on diesels sense 08 make good money but have alot of time an money invested to get there

Thanks
    Chemical/Petroleum Engineer! Good time off, benefits and decent pay!

Thanks
    Septic tank pumper, in lakes country Minnesota. Great if you love to fish. Only wish we had some high country!

Thanks
    Army opened up doors now with railroad great pay but travel alot but i get to look at spots for hunting

Thanks
    I studied to be a forester and had a job all lined up cruising timber when I got out of college. That didn't work out because of the spotted owl, so I started driving truck. I just kept driving until one day I realized 30 years had gone by. Now I'm still in the seat after 42 years...crazy.

I started out hauling dirt and then got into tankers and even hauled freight for three or four years (Motor Cargo). We lived in Reno and I drove triples for twenty years or so until I got a blood clot in my left arm from resting it on the door...go figure? LOL. Now I drive a little bobtail and I'm in and out of the seat all day making deliveries.

I put in a lot of 12 to 14 days. The pay was okay and we hunted the West every Fall for "big buck". I came home every day or every other day and was not into the long haul stuff. If someone is interested in truck driving, I'd stay away from gas and diesel, too many toxic fumes. I did enjoy hauling propane and even freight.

Okay, Old Hunter, now there's two of us! I just need to retire!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails App0007.jpg  
    Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up.

Thanks
    I work for the state of NV. Highway Maintenance, was a carpenter building custom homes for years until the everything went south. Started working for a directional drilling outfit and made a lot of money, really enjoyed the hard work and ended up running the crew for a few years but traveled all over NV, CA andsome Idaho. Being a single father of a son about to start school made me change it up, plus had no hunting or life drilling. Been with the state a little over a year, took a life changing pay cut but get TONS of time off. Bowhunting is a must now due to school and sports for my boy, winter is my busiest time when snow flys and I'm plowing, get off work and grab hounds and hunt lions. I get to hunt alot now, just gotta work out schedules and make things fit. Its possible no matter what you do, there's hunting somewhere in some season.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonGNV For This Useful Post:

Huntingwithkooper (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    I am an engineering manager at a utility company. The job itself is only exciting if you are an engineer, but the pay is great and the job is very stable. I will say that having enough money to enjoy life is important, but enjoying the job you go to everyday is equally important. Choose wisely while you are young, and dont be afraid to take a chance and go do something else if you aren't happy.