Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Military - Army

2. The Following User Says Thank You to armyjoe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    Well they took God out of schools....not like parents take time to fit Him in there much these days and politicians are turning heros into monsters. If they keep it up in two generations no child is going to want to be a soldier, cop, or hunter. Guns are bad right?
    You're definitely right...have you seen the hypocrisy "poster" floating around? It reads "blaming every gun owner for the deaths of children while supporting abortion". Pretty crazy with how things are flowing right now...hope things start to change in 3 yrs!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    State Trooper....decent pay, great benefits, not in an office(well guess your car is your office), first 4 yrs get 2 weeks paid vaca(not including 11 holidays) so basically 3 1/2 weeks paid, plus comp time to take off. Been on 7 yrs and have worked on average 200days a yr. will be less this yr! Basically can get off whenever...unless you want the next day off and there's a snowstorm forecasted! Banked sick leave. Been great so far and don't see myself switching careers unless it'd be transferring to a different division...ie. narcotics, investigation, fire marshals...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Refinery worker. Pays good, the vacation time gets better the longer you are with the company. I have been here 10 yrs and am up to 4 weeks off. The people you work with are awesome. Just a bunch of guys having fun and making jokes once the work is done. A lineman would be a good job lots of money but I am not sure if they get much time off. All the lineman I know work long hours.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Landscape contractor .

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't know if the OP is still asking the question, but for those of you who are interested in a career, the oil field is one very good way to go. The upstream well operators have a starting pay that is well better than average, get to work outside, and have great benefits. Plus, if you work offshore or international, you can live anywhere, and work 2 weeks on/2 weeks off, or 4 weeks on/4 weeks off, and have a huge amount of time off to hunt and fish.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Attorney at law, going on 20 years now. For the first ten years I scratched and clawed to find places to hunt. Through luck and hard work and persistence, I've gotten to the place where I have some time to go hunting but not enough time to accept all the invitations I get from friends and clients.

I represent a number of power companies in the upper midwest. All of them are looking at their existing staff and seeing huge numbers of impending retirements. Meanwhile all of us got Christmas presents which use electricity. Use will continue to go up. Someone has to keep the lights on. Those are good jobs. If you have an interest, I know that there's opportunity out there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    HVAC sales and Farmer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    CPA here, couldn't ask for a better job for hunting. Busy time in the spring, slow during archery season in August, busy again Sept until Oct 15 which works perfect because it's right about the start of rifle deer and chukar then it's all smooth sailing and can take as much time off as I want until the end of January. Nobody likes paying taxes (especially to this administration) and doing the books but if you don't do it right the first time it will definitely bite you in the ass later on.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been in prison for the last 23+ years................as a correctional officer..(prison guard) .