Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I love my blue widow, it has done everything I have asked it to and I used it for a buddy's goat hunt. I am saving for the timberline 1 pack though!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kjw View Post
    Just curious what everyones opinion is or what they use when they backpack in for a pack?? Do you hunt with your frame pack?? Do you take an extra pack to hunt with?? Kinda torn between wanting to be able to hunt lightweight with a small back or having a pack big enough to take a small load with after a kill but I don't want to have to carry my frame pack all day. What do you use??
    No sense in taking two packs. Take a look at the Mystery Ranch Metcalf. Lightweight and on a strong frame. Best of both worlds.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    No sense in taking two packs. Take a look at the Mystery Ranch Metcalf. Lightweight and on a strong frame. Best of both worlds.
    The Metcalf is a good option, but Stone Glacier and Kifaru offer similar designs that are both larger in capacity and lighter in weight. They also compress to practically nothing for daypack use.

Thanks
    Kifaru - Bikini Dt1. Just got it and have only "hiked" around the neighborhood. but I am very impressed.

Thanks
    After tons of research (as always) I weighed the pros and cons of alot of different companies. For me it came down to
    a.versatility
    b. weight
    c. cost
    d. durability

I spoke with stone glacier several times and pondered the kifaru ultralight series. I personally dont care about brand or looks for my applications. So that was a big benefit. In previous seasons I would use a blacks creek canadian jim horn edition with the removable day pack. Worked great and built like a tank but added several pounds that I feel were unnecessary as I started to venture further into to woods. I recently went with the 2012 kuiu frame and icon 3000 pack after speaking with kuiu. I couldn't beat the price I got the "showroom" special and was @ 350.00 out the door with frame,bag,adapter kit and a few other goodies. The newer size pack kuiu offers did not appeal much to me and at first that turned me off. But after some research kuiu said they are introducing a pack similiar to the "approach" from stone glacier. It will lash on to any of their bags. Onto the frame or rock it alone. So that answered all of my questions when looking for my checklist. Price yep! Versatility yep! Durability yep! The 2012 frames are a major change from the 2011. And the weight is on par for me. I could have spent an additional 250-300 to shave a pound but could not justify it.

Thanks
    I really love my eberlestock blue widow.

Thanks
    J-107 here, and really am impressed with it. But I'd get a different pack for a bowhunt. Don't have any use for those butt bucket things you compound shooters have, since I shoot a Toelke Whip longbow. Can't stuff that in a pack and still use a pair of trekking poles. I may have to invest in one of his takedowns!

Thanks
    I use an Eberlestock J34 for the same reason as forementioned , serves as two packs. No complaints yet.

Thanks
    Badlands 4500,for multi day hunts.Blacks creek western hunter day pack.I do miss my old crooked horn fleece, guides day pack,awsome pack i bought it new in 94,used it for years,

Thanks
    Eberlestock J34. Very versatile pack. Can go from a large capacity pack down to a day pack easily. Also, the rifle scabbard is pretty handy.