Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kuiu Ultra Pack System

Anyone have thoughts on this new line? Saw they did a live demo today but haven't watched it yet. Seems pretty impressive, a 6000 ci bag at 3lb 9oz, I'm wondering how it would hold up on a heavy pack out. The prices are the most impressive which makes it tempting to give it a try this year.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Next issue.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    Anyone have thoughts on this new line? Saw they did a live demo today but haven't watched it yet. Seems pretty impressive, a 6000 ci bag at 3lb 9oz, I'm wondering how it would hold up on a heavy pack out. The prices are the most impressive which makes it tempting to give it a try this year.
    I have great thoughts about this pack along with my nephew from Colorado! Ive been looking and researching packs with the load shelf . I was sold on Kifaru...until I was adding up the options for the bag how I wanted it..I was up to bout $900! I did more search and Kuiu came in mind. I was sold on the Icon 7200 until I called Kuiu and they told me bout the Ultra Series 6000..went into detail bout the pack and I was impressed. Saw a video of this pack. Kuiu says the new frame design is stronger and lighter from there other Icon frames. I was told the ultra frame was tested at 150lbs with no problem! I really like the design of the bag..so much that myself and my Nephew pre-ordered the pack! For the price and weight of the pack..I'm willing to give it a try!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan4Elk2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been watching the pack industry for about a year trying to figure out what I should get to replace the cabelas Alaskan guide. I was sold on Tenzing and Kifaru at different times but never pulled the trigger on either. With this price and weight this really seems to be the replacement pack I've been waiting for.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wapiti66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations

Kuiu Ultra Pack System

I've been looking at these all night and it has gotten me pretty excited. I wasn't really in the market for a new pack but I am staring to feel the weight of my EberleJ34. With this I could cut the weight in half for the same price as an Eberlestock, these packs seem to be an industry game changer. I can't wait to see the review is the next issue and especially to check em out in person when I head to the showroom next month.
    Last edited by NVBird'n'Big; 03-11-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah they had a great introduction for these packs and they seem very impressive. In cutting the weight, they are pretty basic bags. I mean that in a good way. They didn't go over board on the number of pockets, which in return, means less zippers and material. When they show it being tested to 150 pounds, I didn't think that showed much. I mean yeah they strapped 150 pounds to it and had it on Jason's back, but that was it. I like how EXO Mountain pack had video of them hiking with 150 pounds. Their test of the frame holding Jason standing on it, I thought was more impressive. I was actually surprised by that test, 240 some pounds standing on the carbon fiber frame showed me more strength than strapping weight to it, IMO. I also like how their design will flex with the body. This was a feature I like about EXO Mountain packs also. The interchangeable bags is great because you have the option of using the larger bags for a pack in, and bringing a smaller bag with for use as a day pack. I mean to carry an extra bag to go from a big gear hauling pack to a hunting pack is a great idea. Especially when the 1800ci bag only weighs in at 9 oz and the 3000ci bag only is at 12 oz.

After watching the introduction to the pack I can say I was also sold on it. Granted, it is so light and competitively priced because there is nothing extra. Extras include hydration bag holder, gun holder, bow holder, their pack rain cover, and hip belt pouch. Now I know not everyone will want these accessories and thats why they are optional and minimal weight, but it still should be taken into consideration for a the price of the pack kit. I also find it good that they include 4 or 6 extra straps along with every pack which I again think it was about keeping the weight down and the design simple so these are not "on" the bags but still included. I think they NAILED IT on this new pack design.

A friend of mine also watched it and we both ordered yesterday because they were offering free shipping. I was really interested in the EXO Mountain gear pack, but this one got more of my interest.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I couldn't resist anymore. Placed my order last nite for the 6000, along with hydration bag, hip pocket, and bow sling. Still a great price in comparison to the other packs I was considering.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'll wait and see if the frame stays in one piece. If it does they should have a winner.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Full body weight on the frame, jerking the stays- no cracks.

Doing pull-ups on the frame (175 lbs)- no cracks. (Boxers aren't purple, it's the lighting)

Tundra on frame- no cracks.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigSurArcher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looks good.