Hi guys, a lot of these posts r as old as 2 years. I'm sure there are some new packs on the market now and updated versions of the paks talked about. I am looking for a pack that will function well as a day pack as well as being able to carry my rifle on long hikes into the hills. Would also like to be able to pack my meat out with is pack. Am looking for a comfortable pack I can wear all day. Also would like the option of being able to haul my gear into back woods for 4-7 day hunts. But be able to compress pack down once camp is set up for a functional day pack that can haul my water, rain gear, and changes of clothing as the weather changes in the mtns of BC where i live. And haul my rifle on day hunts as well. I am a tall guy and have been discouraged by reading some of these reviews. I am 6'2" and 225lb with 36" waist.
I thought I was sold on the Eberlestock J34 till I read that it was not good for taller people. Then I thought I wanted the Blue Widow by the same company. Until I read that bladders for water go into the side walls making for and unbalanced ride (what a terrible spot). Bladders should be close to the frame in my opinion. Also considered the Dragonfly j107. But read that it is hard to take advantage of the load adjustment straps close the shoulders designed to put the load more on your hips than shoulders when u already have the shoulder straps as high as they will go on the frame. Spent last 2 days researching bags. And now I am leaning towards the Mystery Ranch CrewCab but read how someone complained about being too tall for it. Or one of the Kuiu bags. Does anyone who is my size own and love any of these bags listed above? Also have looked at the Badlands OX pak but seems to load and clunky....